Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found the problem, new battery terminals aren’t conducting power or ground.lol Ordered some more. Going to the original plan , the Stinger battery might work to start it.
    I’d stay away from the EBay marine battery terminals, I have 3 sets of the them on my other batteries and no problems. Bought these from a different seller , and more expensive. Once I get the new brass terminals and know for sure I’m contacting the seller to get my money back. I like the marine coating black and red but the new ones I got are crap. Should get the brass ones Friday or Saturday.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-23-2023, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Camaro isn’t starting off the Stinger battery, supposed to be 680 cca. Going to charge it up today see if that’s the problem. If it’s too small going to just go with another Optima yellow top and return the Stinger battery.
    it starts off the Optima so probably just get another Optima.
    Amazon won’t let me return it so just going to switch the power wires on the isolator and put the charging wire from the alternator on the Stinger battery and have the Optma battery as the auxiliary battery with the starter wire on it. Will see.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-23-2023, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the parts early , most of it is done. Just need to clean up the wires alittle and connect the isolator 12 volt ignition wire up. Ditched the battery box and did a alm. battery hold down for the Optima battery. Actually bolted it down, not using metal screws, it’s not going to move.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-22-2023, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the Stinger isolators today, look good, got one installed in the truck, works great. For the Camaro won’t be until the 26th, still waiting on parts.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the batteries moved in the Camaro, should work fine. Supposed to get the isolaters tomorrow. Probably do my truck first, still waiting on parts for the Camaro to finish. Started raining so couldn’t do much.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the isolator , tried one on my truck, didn’t work. Wouldn’t charge the 2nd battery, so cancelled the other one for the Camaro. Got the Stinger battery, looks great. Waiting to return the isolator Wednesday next week then ordering Stinger 200 amp isolators, might as well go with name brand stuff. Hopefully it works out. Found a place in the Valley to rebuild my 200 amp alternator. Going to mail it back and forth rather than drive it back and forth, that would cost me about $175 compared to $80 mailing it.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found my Db electrical 200 amp alternator, going to have it rebuilt. Still working but the bearings are going out, used it 11 years before the bearing issue, works great. Probably next month, already spent to much this month.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    So should get everything by the 26th of May, after I’m done shouldn’t need a battery tender anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Tried 10 minutes and no go, just ordered a smaller Stinger P680 battery 680 cca and a holder and isolator. Should get it this next week. Should work a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Did 5 minutes and it started so looks like I’m good to go taking it out. Since that older woman was killed their going to change the road from 2 lanes to one each way with a turn lane in the center. Supposed to slow traffic. I’ll get to tuning when I get the chance.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    That's good Steve. How's your alternator though?
    Thanks, yeah alternator is good, I’m charging 13.8 on the gauge. Just went 3 minutes with the key in the accessories and it started fine. Battery dropped to 11.9 but it started fine. I keep a battery tender on it so I know it’s fully charged when I first start it. Killed too many batteries in 8 years, so been keeping the tender on it for about 3 years. Yeah it was the radio fuse I think so I’ll be pulling the radio again. Rewired it in 2012 so radio doesn’t run off that fuse. Forget what I did with the wires so I’ll check it out. I figured worse case scenario I’ll pick up a small 12 volt battery and isolator and run the small battery to the starter. I just picked up a 200 amp isolator for my truck since I run 2 batteries. Will allow me to run my stereo without drawing off both batteries, so I can start it after a hour of listening to music.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-06-2023, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    That's good Steve. How's your alternator though?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got it finished, started right up running good. Will test it later to see how fast the battery drains.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.jpeg
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1578927 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpeg
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	1578928 The good news is I’m probably saving 10-15 feet in distance to the starter, shouldn’t have any starting issues. Hopefully I can find the draw on the battery. I’ll be all set if I can.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-05-2023, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got most of the wiring done, just need to do the rear, it’s tight fit especially working around the gas tank, exhaust and suspension, wish I had a lift. Doing with a jack and jack stands is alittle tight fit. Might finish tomorrow, back and knee is starting to hurt.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-05-2023, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X