Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got my coolant dye in and ran it , will check tomorrow to see if I can find the leak. Also set my idle back to 750 from 1000.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-10-2023, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Checked the spark plug wires and what I could, replaced my fuel filter, I use ZZP high flow filters. Up and running again. One of these days I get it out and finish tuning it.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Weather still bad , cold and windy, will try tomorrow.Decided to check the Vband off the passenger side header going to the turbo, alittle loose , tightened it and not getting the popping sound. Still going to jack it up and check the header bolts and wires also pull a couple of spark plugs.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-05-2023, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Well still making a popping sound so will check the turbo headers, only thing I can think of. Talked to my mechanic he also thinks it’s the headers. Will check tomorrow , hopefully the weather is better.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-04-2023, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Started it today and was getting a popping sound from underneath the car. Jacked it up and my V band on the far side was loose,could spin it by hand. Got that one tightened and going to do the other 2 to be sure their tight. Also going to shorten my turbo intake a couple of inches since it’s jacked up. Sits pretty low about 4-5 inches from the ground. Just checked the other 2 , they were loose too. Have to put that on my list to check every month.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-03-2023, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Checked what I could on top, ordered a new radiator cap, been 10 years so just ruling it out. Found alittle wet around the hose clamps for the turbo lines and heater hose connections. I’ll check more this next week. Also just ordered a dye kit with the light, hopefully I can find it.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 12-30-2022, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Past couple of months I’ve noticed my coolant low like a couple of cup’s after a month since I check it every month, alittle on the ground. I think it’s leaking on one of coolant turbo lines or at the fittings, will check it out after the holidays. Not in the oil or anything, thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Hopefully get some tuning done this weekend. There’s a lot of sheriff deputies out right now, had a woman get ran over and killed a few months back so their patrolling a lot more around here along with highway patrol. Speed limit is 35 mph, in town and about 3 miles out of town is 65 mph. So trying to tune from a stop is hard since I try and hit 3rd gear which 2nd shifts at 76 mph I forget. And 3rd at 6000 rpm’s is 123 mph. Really need a dyno shop, closest is 200 miles away. Will see.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah that’s fine, Yeah I had trouble too, just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Thanks Steve. The messaging system won't let me send a message to you, but I'll be interested in getting that pump from you. Maybe after the holidays

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Edgar sent you a pm.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    I ran it on stock injectors for awhile, the high pressure just runs better, with higher flow pressure the pump doesn’t bleed off in the upper rpm’s and Wot, if you’re running the supercharger you’ll want the higher flow pump. Your fuel pressure is still controlled by your FPR.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-11-2022, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Wow...I didn't even know there's 2 types. I don't even know what I have. I probably won't run a high pressure one because I haven't upgraded my injectors.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    No just thought I’d pick one up, still working great, took me awhile to find it. The normal Walbro 255 is GSS340, and the high pressure 255 is GSS342. Are you running a Walbro 255? If you’re running the Powerdyne you should look into the high pressure one their suppose to be for boosted vehicles. That’s why I run the high pressure pump. When you turn the key in the on position it’s supposed the prime up , is that what you’re talking about Edgar?
    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-09-2022, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Does yours make that high pitch sound? That's how my old one failed. The current one is starting to make that noise now.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X