Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    As far as the reservoir routing my mechanic said to put the radiator line at the bottom and let it vent at the top. Going to do it tomorrow. That’s pretty much what I found online too.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Took off the TB to plug the intake side pcv on the upper intake, only had it plugged on the TB side. Went smoothly but after putting it back together and reving it , I noticed some coolant spraying out one of the coolant hoses off the turbo. Doesn’t leak when at idle just when reving, so going to replace both turbo coolant lines. Might have to take the turbo off , not sure.Went back out to see if it would leak again but it didn’t leak, double checked the coolant hoses and found nothing. I don’t know now.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 02-01-2023, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Also anyone have an idea how aftermarket resivoirs hook up to our 3800’s? It has a spot at the bottom and 2 spots at the top. I plugged the bottom and ran the hose to one of the top ones and plugged the other top one. Any suggestions would help me alot. I think I need the hose to go to the bottom of the res. and block the top ports but I’ll wait and see what people say.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-31-2023, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    I think I found the problem, my resivoir was the culprit, I didn’t have a plug on the one side so when it heated up and cooled down it leaked out coolant. Put a plug on it few days ago and it’s just condensation now from the turbo pipes where I was seeing coolant and I’m not losing any coolant anymore. I’ll give it a few more starts and if it’s good I’ll take it for a spin.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Checked the trans mount today, got a couple of half turns, didn’t really feel loose, it’s a poly trans mount so shouldn’t be broken or anything like that. Exhaust looks fine, clears everything fine. Got the car cover on it last night with the cable holding it on through the bottom. Good thing to since it was windy and snowing last night. Probably look at the leak tomorrow or the next day.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Didn’t feel up to checking on it today, lifted instead. Did start it up and let it warm up to temp. No noise or vibration since setting the idle at 900 rpm’s. But did notice a little vibration when reving. Don’t know if the balance shaft deleted would cause that, still will check the trans mount.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by zlexiss View Post
    When I was tracing a Mini oil leak I found the 365nm lights worked a little better than the usual 395, this set did me good: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9LY168
    Thanks I’ll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• zlexiss
    replied
    When I was tracing a Mini oil leak I found the 365nm lights worked a little better than the usual 395, this set did me good: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M9LY168

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Well still leaking coolant, just under the crank. So maybe timing cover or water pump. Added the last of the coolant dye. Maybe try and find it tomorrow. Would be easier if the turbo Y pipe wasn’t in the way.lol

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Raised my idle to 900 rpm’s and seems to be doing better, if the weather is better tomorrow I’ll jack it up and check the trans mount and exhaust to make sure it’s not it. I think it’s do to the balance shaft delete but just want to make sure. Will see if I’m still leaking coolant also. Had snow again last night so hopefully sun comes out tomorrow.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-20-2023, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    I think my transmission mount might be loose alittle, getting a vibration at idle since I lowered my idle from the 1000 rpm’s to 750 rpm’s. Doesn’t do it when reving or increased idle.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Thanks just trying, adjusted the one clamp today, hopefully it solves the leak. Yeah storm came in last night, rained all night then just foggy all day with clouds. Drivers side window leaked alittle from the wind blowing in the rain onto the vehicles. Hopefully I get the windows adjusted soon. Supposed to get another storm coming in tomorrow. I hope it doesn’t snow, I’ll have to shovel the driveway.lol

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Glad to see you're figuring it out there Steve. It's been raining alot here has it been raining alot in your area.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looked at it today, couldn’t find where it’s dripping from, UV light didn’t show any dye. But at closer look at my turbo coolant lines and one looked like it had been leaking so tightened it and other lines. I’ll see if I continue to leak coolant. Here’s a pic of the leaking line. Oh and the puddle is about where the crank pulley is not mid engine like I thought.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-13-2023, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    So I can see where it drips on the ground, going to jack it up tomorrow. It’s like mid engine where the coolant is on the ground. Got the dye in it so should find it pretty quick using the UV light I hope it’s not a intake manifold or something major.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-11-2023, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X