Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    With the radio fuse out, I go about 2 minutes with the key in the accessories. That’s not bad about a week ago it wasn’t starting after 2 minutes. I’ll see after the rewire of the starter. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-04-2023, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    No haven’t got to tune it, If I try I’m afraid that just sitting there with the laptop and accessories on it will go dead and I’ll have to jump it. I’ve simulated flashing it, about 2-3 minutes and sometimes it won’t start. So will see. Pulled the radio fuse and will try it again after the rewire of the starter.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-04-2023, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Have you ran it yet? Or is the draw holding you back.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Decided to go ahead and rewire my starter straight to the battery in the rear. It starts fine but I think having it on its own will be better. Going to use it 1/0 gauge wire with a 400 amp circuit breaker. Got all the parts even wire clips to hold it up to the frame. After that plan to find my draw on the car. Pretty sure it’s the radio wiring. Will post pics when done. Eventually will get to tuning it. It’s been too long.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the result. Do you have any plans for dyno.
    yeah been awhile getting to take it out, weather has been the main obstacle. Then having highway patrol and sheriff department always around didn’t help after the woman was hit and killed. Once I can get it street tuned I plan on hitting the dyno, maybe in December when it’s cooled down in the valley. It’s about a 2 and a half hour drive one way so I want everything tuned and correct. I don’t plan on running back and forth to the dyno.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing the result. Do you have any plans for dyno.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Weather is supposed to be perfect next few days been doing house stuff, supposed to get between 60-70 degrees. Hopefully get some tuning in, Since I leaned out idle and some part throttle I richened it up some , timing still 11-12 degrees, shooting for 12.5 A/F part throttle without turbo spooling and 11.5 with turbo spooling at 2500 rpm’s to 6000. Will post results. Also might turn the boost up to10lbs at 6-7lbs right now, that’s why I haven’t messed with my timing being at 11-12 degrees. Should be able to run 10lbs at those timing tables. My DA is 5000 ft.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Well can’t do the oil cooler just yet, going to try and do some tuning Sunday morning. Weather is supposed to be nice.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Didn’t get to tuning, snow and rain I hope this winter storms would go away. Have a small oil leak at the oil pressure sensor where I tapped for the oil feed for the turbo. At higher rpm’s , cold my oil psi is 90, hot 20 psi. And cruising 40-60 psi. Waiting on thread sealant and some fittings, going to go ahead and mock up my oil cooler and fan, see if I need to order longer steel braided hoses.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Didn’t get to it, worked on my moms car and other stuff and rain yesterday then snow today. Ill get it done eventually.lol Should only take a couple of runs to dial in the A/F then might add some timing back. Only at 11-12 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looks like the thread locker worked at idle but we’ll see after some good WOT runs, hopefully this weekend. Almost a week now and coolant is fine and no puddles under the crank pulley so might be good.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found my Vbands were loose again so trying some red thread locker on them, see how that works out. I think what I saw was condensation from the turbo pipes, that’s why I never found the dye on the ground or anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    I never liked how GM designed the reservoir. It's just not efficient.

Anyway, I tried sending you a PM concerning the pump,but it keep saying I wasn't authorized.
    Yeah, pretty much a pain, I’ll try and PM you my email.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    I never liked how GM designed the reservoir. It's just not efficient.

Anyway, I tried sending you a PM concerning the pump,but it keep saying I wasn't authorized.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the reservoir line changed and can’t find anymore signs of coolant leaking. I guess will see. Finally going to start tuning again.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X