Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the brass connectors today, got them installed. Waiting on the construction on the main road to finish then I’ll take it out. Still have a small oil leak that’s coming from the oil pressure sensor adapter I’ll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Replaced some of the coolant hoses for the turbo , ordered some fittings that should work better also. Those who run a water cooled turbo, the engine heater hoses are 5/8 and the turbo lines are 3/8, so you’ll need 3/8 barb to 5/8 barb. Then a 3 way 5/8. After that shouldn’t have any leaks. Get my 3/8 to 5/8 on Monday then I’ll run it to make sure no more leaks. On a side note, since the weather has been warm , no cold start problem. It’s been starting right up , no more giving it a little gas.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 07-29-2023, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    [QUOTE=2.8 Bird;n1579052]That's great Steve. Hopefully you can put up.some videos of it.[/QUOTE

Yes hopefully before my surgery in September. My neighbor down the street said he’d video it for me. Hopefully get it dialed in before then. Going to go ahead and tune it for 90-100 temps, so in the winter should just run alittle rich which isn’t bad. Better to be rich then lean. Don’t know if I’ll up the timing, it’s at 11-12 degrees, one guy I talked to says 15 degrees is fine , will see.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    That's great Steve. Hopefully you can put up.some videos of it.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Finally got the Camaro out, did some errands in town so really couldn’t get on it. It’s alittle lean probably add some fuel to part throttle and WOT. I’ll try and take it out this weekend. It’s pretty cool, I give it some part throttle and either the wastegate or BOV sounds off , pretty loud. Had some people turning heads.lol
    Also rides pretty smooth with the front shocks set at 4 and rear at 6 on the QA-1s. Still leaking alittle coolant though, it’s up high so thinking coolant hoses off the turbo.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 07-21-2023, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the camera in and working this morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.jpeg
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	1579007

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the camera mounted and wires ran just need to hook them up tomorrow. Alot easier than the truck. I just mounted the camera and ran the wires straight through over the bumper support and drilled a hole up into the hatch and just need to hook up ground and power and connect the video wire to the head unit. Also installed a led dome light , big difference in lighting.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    This is the belt tensioner tool that is a must if you’re running a turbo, can’t fit a socket on the bolt so this works extremely well. Just tried it and works great. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780.jpeg
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	1578992

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Here’s some pics, you can disable the brake switch by just grounding the wire. I can now watch dvds anytime and activate the camera. Getting the camera for the Camaro tomorrow will install this weekend.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0779.jpeg Size:	2.56 MB ID:	1578990
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Is that the one you just plug up to the cigarette lighter?
    No, plugs in the back of the double din stereo receivers. So you have to run the wires the length of the vehicle basically. I started at mounting the camera on the license plate and run the wires through the vehicle to the stereo. It can be a pain. Especially a truck the wires are zipped tied to the frame. That’s what killed me with my bad back and why it took so long. That and my bad knee.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Is that the one you just plug up to the cigarette lighter?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Finally finished my back up camera in the truck, ordered one for the Camaro, should be easier I hope. I just use Amazon $35 ones.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Thanks Edgar, I forget what size mm the Gt35r is 60mm or 62mm. What’s in the Buick? Did a good quick search my Garret GT35R is 61mm and the Buick is 62mm. Found a tensioner pulley tool with the 15mm open wrench attachment. Couldn’t find the one I had $16 for the new one, would of saved me a headache and scrapes. It’s a must if you’re running a turbo in front of the engine.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-14-2023, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Nice Steve. I hope that's the solution there.

That turbo looks right at home there. Is that turbo bigger than in yye grand national?

In that pic that turbo looks huge.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the belt today, got the 220 amp alternator in. It was pretty tight in there. Hands got scratched up a bit. Probably 5-10 minutes to swap alternators and 10-15 to route the belt. The 79” belt fits really good, tough to get on with everything in the way. Here’s some pics: Getting 14.6 volts at the batteries at idle.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0771.jpeg Size:	3.17 MB ID:	1578981
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-13-2023, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X