Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got some good runs in 70 mile runs and a 90 round trip run. Still no codes, between 60-70 mph runs great. Then 40-50 mph has slight stumble. Coming up to lights and sitting I can feel it stumble and watch the rpm’s go up and down. Talked to the mobile mechanic today he said next Wednesday or Thursday. Going to do plugs and wires and tranny filter and go on from there.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Ran some seafoam and 91 octane ( highest you can get at the pump in Az) 100 octane comes in 5 gallon can for over $50 so around $10 a gallon. See if it helps. Got a new TPS sensor and spark plugs on the way. Might check the coils, doing a new tranny filer after September 12th.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    How about the injectors.
    replaced number 2 injector about 2 years ago, it threw the injector code for number 2 so pretty easy. It has full throttle runs great. A/c on makes the stumble worse. I have a spare set of plug wires so going to install tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    How about the injectors.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Haven’t had time to find the leak on the Camaro, been doing tests for my knee surgery coming up and been working on my truck since it’s my DD. It’s a stumper, my cousin and the mobile mechanic can’t figure it out . All started with replacing the spark plug wires. I replaced them but didn’t get a couple on right and had some PO300 misfire codes finally got them on right but it’s not running right and it’s not showing any codes.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Checked the drip pan I put underneath, 1 drop of oil , I’ll take it out this week and run it and see if there’s any large leaks. My cold start has gone away the past 2 months so that’s good.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Finally got under it, oil under the oil pressure filter housing and below the balancer. No signs of the dye so just brake cleaned it all down. Will run it a couple days and look again.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Take my hat off to you for doing it, knowing that you're going to end up hurting yourself.

Thanks Edgar, yeah if I had extra money I’d just have the mobile mechanic do it or my cousins husband. But don’t right now still saving for my knee surgery next month, depending how long I’m under the total is going to be $300-$500 for the surgery. Then physical therapy once a week for 6 months about $200 a month. Then the gas driving 45 miles one way, there’s another $200 a month. But I do enjoy working on my vehicles just the downside is hurting awhile after. I think I’ll try lifting again next week.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Take my hat off to you for doing it, knowing that you're going to end up hurting yourself.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the truck brakes done, lifting 75lb rims/tires really mess up my back and have pain in my knee and right arm at the joint. Haven’t worked out for a couple of weeks, just trying to let everything heal. But should get to the Camaro tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Still leaking oil , put the dye in the oil, so just letting it idle up to temp for a few days then I’ll jack it up and take a look, doing a brake job on my truck tomorrow so maybe this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    So I moved spots on the driveway to see if it’s still leaking oil but after fixing the coolant leak, haven’t seen any. Also tightened the oil filter fitting. Getting the oil dye today so I’ll see if that helps me find it.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Mine leaks from the rear main oil seal. It's been like that since 98.
    Yes those are a pain. I know whenever I pull the tranny to install a new seal. Mine started when I put the turbo on so one of the fittings or some thing. Ordered dye so hopefully that helps.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Mine leaks from the rear main oil seal. It's been like that since 98.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looked for my oil leak, couldn’t see much from the top but the leak is below the oil filter and oil pressure sensor. Going to jack it up this week and see if I can pinpoint it. Might try some dye if I can’t find it. It’s not a lot but I don’t like engine leaks or any other.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X