Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    I’ve been looking at pics of stock hoods I think they have more clearance, found one at a scrap yard, going to pick it up in a couple of weeks. Also trying to post a video of the car running.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Blew out my left knee last month so getting a CAT scan next week and seeing a orthopedic surgeon so will be busy doing that. Will pull the hood off and tune it when I get the chance.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got it finished and home, only bad thing is that the hood won’t close. About 2”off I guess their saying you can run a bigger turbo is false. Going to ditch the SS hood and put a stock hood on and cut a hole out for it. The compressor housing is hitting it. Here’s some pics, Click image for larger version

Name:	F19D4FD6-7387-400E-85FD-041DD6EC3A13.jpeg
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1577757 Click image for larger version

Name:	854F52C8-4131-4E1D-8714-97A3F78CE333.jpeg
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1577758 Click image for larger version

Name:	36A7E816-7009-40E4-AA6A-0B1CB38ABAF2.jpeg
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1577759

Leave a comment:

• zlexiss
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got about 3 hours in tonight, got the turbo headers on each side and plugs and wires, other miscellaneous stuff, had to move the power steering resivor. Should have it finished tomorrow hopefully. Then having it towed back home. Then I’ll start tunning it. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    I’ll try Edgar, but when I get into it I’ll probably forget.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Take lots of pictures and video, Steve.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Thanks Alex, Hopefully you won’t need too, only thing that stops me from doing it myself is my back and doing the manifolds. So if that’s out of the way 2 people should have it done in a day, will see. Plus I’m paying him $500 to help me do it.

Leave a comment:

• alex553
    replied
    Cool deal man! If he backs out again I'll drive the 6 hours to do the work

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    It’s still ago, 2 more weeks, can’t wait.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    So the mechanic said January 15th and 16th. Going to drop everything off this weekend while dropping off X-Mas stuff. I’m starting off with a10lb spring. See how it runs. I still have tunning problems with the transmission but hopefully will figure it out by then. Engine wise it’s running strong.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found out my transmission problems was the tune ,put it back to stock settings and it’s fine. Always keep your stock tune,lol Going to make some little changes at a time. Got my alignment Saturday and drove not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Fixed some of my tunning problems , see if it makes it Saturday for the alignment. But still think my tranny is going out. Won’t get even close to redline, just revs about 4700-5100 rpm’s. Checked fluid it’s good.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-17-2021, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Cool you were pretty close to me. I’m in Yarnell, you probably drove through if you were on the 93 or 89. I’ll have to give you my contact info so next time you can stop by.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    I ask because I was in Arizona this weekend. I just got back last night. I was at William's on Saturday and Flagstaff on Saturday and Monday. I thought about you for some reason.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X