Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    So while I save for the new hood, I’m going to try and move the battery to the rear. Collecting what I need month by month.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    That's actually a nice one.
    Yes, $900 shipped was the cheapest I could find from Jegs. But Hardwood had all the pics on their site. It has to cowl where the hood struts bolt on to the hood. And it does.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    That's actually a nice one.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied

Here’s it is. Click image for larger version  Name:	D22345D4-0794-47C8-AB98-411F6F71EFB8.jpeg Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1577815

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Thanks Edgar for posting that pic, I found a 2.5” cowl hood that should work. It’s from Harwood $750 though but it’s bolt on so no hood pins.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    https://www.classicindustries.com/product/cfh6.html
    Looks like the one Robert posted but doesn’t say hood pins required, I’ll see if they have more pics.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    This kind of hood looks clean to me.
    yeah that’s cool but won’t fit the turbo. Only one I found is the one Robert posted, and I have to use hood pins. Didn’t get to go out tuning today maybe tomorrow. Left knee is killing me. Have a appointment to see the Orthopedic doctor the 23rd and suppose to have a MRI but my insurance is taking it’s time to approve it. If they wait too long I’ll just go to the ER and have them do a MRI.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    This kind of hood looks clean to me.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Post some videos of your run.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Going to take the Camaro out tomorrow for some tuning, should be nice weather. Hopefully not much traffic. At idle my air intake temps are at 70 degrees so that’s good.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Here’s one with it painted. Not going to do much to it since I’ll be getting a new hood. Click image for larger version

Name:	AE0C9C58-CCD4-4E80-8A90-26C4A15D9145.jpeg
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	1577805

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the hood cut today, needs some touch up but I’ll do it later on. The eBay hood should work, but have to use hood pins. Looks like it’s going to rain here so no tuning today. Hopefully this week.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looks really good. Your turbo is huge.
    Thanks Edgar, it’s only about 1/2” to a 1” taller on the compressor side. I’ve looked at the turbos side by side and not too much difference.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Looks really good. Your turbo is huge.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got my heat shield on, and my open air filter, not going to have room for a normal air filter, might put the battery in the trunk later on. Hopefully get the hood situation solved this next week and tune it. Then get the down pipe routed to the exhaust and new tires put on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X