Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Ran into a problem yesterday, went to start the Camaro and just got a click No start, replaced the battery, Damm voltmeter was messed up showing 8-9 volts even on my truck, so bad voltmeter cost me a battery, still just a single click so ordered a starter. Should get it Monday. In the meantime I’m going to wack the starter to see if it will turn over. If it’s not the starter then having it towed to the shop. Looked at fuses, tried different key, reloaded the tune, checked wires.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got some more tuning in today, part throttle is great, probably couple more runs and should be tuned. Still smoking pretty bad from the coated pipes, those who get the kit, don’t coat the pipes just use heat wrap. I did both but the 2000 degrees heat paint is burning off like crazy and it’s cool out and I really haven’t gotten on it hard.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 04-03-2022, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Should of mentioned this earlier, but those who install the EBay turbo headers will have to move the power steering res. and on the passenger side header you might need to hammer the heater box back alittle to get the O2 sensor to fit, mine was way off so it was hammered in quite a bit. Don’t know about the EGR since mine is deleted. That’s about all the problems we ran into besides the my GT35R being too tall for the hood, so double check the clearance of your turbo.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got my appointment for April 7th, 8am. Hopefully it makes it there and back up the mountain. Scratch that, no one to watch the puppy, making it for the following week. Have it for the 14th.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-30-2022, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Take a video. Love to hear how it sounds now.
    I’ll see if my neighbor will take a video of me driving. The turbo spool is loud.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-29-2022, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Take a video. Love to hear how it sounds now.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Getting closer, I think I can drive it down to the shop to get my tires and down pipe to exhaust routed, no WOT runs yet. Maybe Thursday we got rain today and supposed to be rain tomorrow. Going to call and get a appointment for beginning of April. Their usually a week or 2 backed up.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

Sorry to say it all depends on the help/support I can get for any particular mod.
    Which mods were you looking to do?

Leave a comment:

• FirebirdGT
    replied
    Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post

what plans do you have?
    Sorry to say it all depends on the help/support I can get for any particular mod.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied

THIS is the year!
    what plans do you have?

Leave a comment:

• FirebirdGT
    replied
    Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    Lol Robert, you need to get busy on your Firebird.
    THIS is the year!

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Took the Camaro out for a couple of runs, getting closer, getting part throttle dialed in before I go WOT tunIng. Looked at the boost gauge this time 6lbs at 3000 rpms. Will try and take it out tomorrow if I get the chance, knee was killing me.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied

Camaro maybe :)

http://www.firebirdgt.com/

Lol Robert, you need to get busy on your Firebird.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    You left no bolts unturned. You have the most modified v6 fbody ever.
    Lots of work, don’t know about most modified.lol

Leave a comment:

• FirebirdGT
    replied
    You left no bolts unturned. You have the most modified v6 fbody ever.
    Camaro maybe :)

http://www.firebirdgt.com/

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    13 hours ago
  • ssms5411
    Had to get another phone
    by ssms5411
    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
    1 week ago
  • ssms5411
    Leaking front cover
    by ssms5411
    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
    2 weeks ago
  • transamtom1
    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
    by transamtom1
    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X