My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turbo build

So decided to make a thread for my turbo build, going in January 2022. The Turbo is a Garrett Gt35r with a T4,.63ar, Tial 38mm wastegate 10lb spring, Tial 50mm bov , eBay headers. Have -4an line for the oil feed line with .035 oil restrictor, -10an return line to the oil pan, 3” down pipe back to the rest of the 3” exhaust. Have plx wideband, shift glow fuel psi gauge, just got a mks digital vac/boost gauge , should be easier to read when driving. Also 2 Aeruoforce gauges and will be tuned by Hptuners.31”x12x 4” alm. Intercooler, 2 1/2” alm. pipping.Turbosmart boost controller.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-08-2021, 10:07 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

When are you starting Steve?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

January coming up.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that, Steve.

Comment

Me too, hopefully he doesn’t back out this time. I’m staying the weekend , plan is to drop it off Friday, work on it Saturday and Sunday and I’m going to have it towed after we’re done don’t really want to drive it 11 miles up the hill going from 2k DA to 5k DA . Really needs to be fine tuned. Plus I have 4 free tows with AAA. I’ll tune it once I’m up here.

Comment

Well I’ll see how it runs next Saturday, have a alignment appointment next Saturday should be over a hundred miles round trip. I think my transmission is on its way out sometimes when I go WOT the engine revs up but I don’t gain any speed. I’m lost on what to do.

Comment

Where are you from in Arizona, Steve?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                Where are you from in Arizona, Steve?
                Yes, but don’t know how long. Checking out Colorado next year.

Comment

I ask because I was in Arizona this weekend. I just got back last night. I was at William's on Saturday and Flagstaff on Saturday and Monday. I thought about you for some reason.

Comment

Cool you were pretty close to me. I’m in Yarnell, you probably drove through if you were on the 93 or 89. I’ll have to give you my contact info so next time you can stop by.

Comment

Fixed some of my tunning problems , see if it makes it Saturday for the alignment. But still think my tranny is going out. Won’t get even close to redline, just revs about 4700-5100 rpm’s. Checked fluid it’s good.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 11-17-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Found out my transmission problems was the tune ,put it back to stock settings and it’s fine. Always keep your stock tune,lol Going to make some little changes at a time. Got my alignment Saturday and drove not too bad.

Comment

So the mechanic said January 15th and 16th. Going to drop everything off this weekend while dropping off X-Mas stuff. I’m starting off with a10lb spring. See how it runs. I still have tunning problems with the transmission but hopefully will figure it out by then. Engine wise it’s running strong.

Comment

It’s still ago, 2 more weeks, can’t wait.

Comment

Cool deal man! If he backs out again I'll drive the 6 hours to do the work

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X