Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah I should of known better, had to stop my bench and curls , arthritis in my shoulders and entire right arm, been taking over the counter arthritis meds but not helping. I see the doctor Monday, hopefully she can give me something so I can lift again.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Sorry to hear that Steve. Workout your upper body in the gym to help speed up your recovery. Then drop your weight down so you don't stress your knees as much.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Any update on your Camaro?
    No, been taking it easy, saw the Surgeon on Monday and he said I should take it easy on my knee. Until I see him next month. So been resting and taking anti inflammatory meds. Over did it doing the 3 oil changes and airing up the tires last week. He said it takes 3-4 months for it to heal up completely. Said wait 6 months before squatting down like I was doing. Really don’t want another surgery on it so I’ll listen.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Any update on your Camaro?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Take a video.
    When I get it tuned at WOT I will. Changed the oil today and when I pulled the oil filter off got a good look at the oil pressure port. Looks like it has been leaking at boost. I’m going to replace the whole setup hopefully it fixes the leak. This is a pic of the new setup for the port. Going to replace the oil pressure sender harness also, should give me extra length in the wire so that will be good. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	1579152
    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-03-2023, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Take a video.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Been starting up the Camaro and getting in and out okay. Doing a oil change and checking the tires so hopefully take it out pretty soon. Weather is perfect 50-60 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Wait, what happened to your leg?

What kind of setup does he have on that truck. Yeah, I had neighbor who had a s10 V6 with a nice turbo.set up awhile back. It's a carb/injection setup.

couldn’t bend my knee enough to get it in the Camaro. Now if I use my cane I can get in. Not supposed to put full pressure on my knee. On his truck it all motor, forget the size , like 560cc or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Wait, what happened to your leg?

What kind of setup does he have on that truck. Yeah, I had neighbor who had a s10 V6 with a nice turbo.set up awhile back. It's a carb/injection setup.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Finally got my left leg in the Camaro, tight fit but got it in, I think another week should be able to take it out.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Well got in the Camaro finally to start it up, can’t get my left leg in to drive it though. Weather is perfect so really excited to take it out. Get the stitches out tomorrow and have physical therapy. My neighbor on the other street bought a older Chevy drag truck 650 wrhp runs 10’s not street legal. Awesome truck, I’ll see if I can get pics of it next time I’m over there.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    I think because I first put the wires on truck I didn’t get some all the way on and it misfired coming up the mountain. Then the mechanic put them on right and no code’s just the hesitation at certain speeds. Drove it for another 2-3 weeks until he just did the wires again .that’s when he found the burnt wires. I had him replace the plugs too thankfully since the wires were burnt. No codes with the burnt wires. Pretty strange, they may have been burnt from the initial installation.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    No nothing touching the wires. Taylor 10.4mm performance wires $100 Replaced with 10mm wires straight boot . Ran the truck to the dump , up and down the mountain this morning, runs perfect. No stumbling or hesitation. Now I can get back to my Camaro oil leak. Weather is perfect to take it out , 60 degrees morning and night, 70 degrees in the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Was it too close to the exhaust manifold?

Were you able to figure out that stumbling issue. How does the car feel.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found the problem with the truck, 7 out of 8 plug wire boots were burned through, will test it tomorrow but so far so good.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X