Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    You left no bolts unturned. You have the most modified v6 fbody ever.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Also many other mods throughout the years, first mods when I got the Camaro in December 1995 with 18 miles was RK sport ground effects, RKs Dynomax muffler with dual tips and Eibachs 1.5” lowering springs. Then put my stereo in, PPI amps , 2 Kicker solo baric 12’s, and I think it was JL mids and highs. Didn’t start really moddings until 2002 , got RK sports Powerdyne supercharger, started suspension mods, then built the motor. Sold the Powerdyne after 4-5 years, then went with 150 wet shot of nitrous, did that for a couple of years. Camaro sat for about 4 years until I started modding again in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    So I don’t forget anything, here’s my Mod list:
    • CAR: 1996 3.8 CAMARO M5 converted to A4 Painted from Artic white to GM BlackMODS:
      Royal purple fluids, ENGINE: ST 2 cam , 212/212 113 LS, 9:5.1 Diamond forged pistons W/ Total seal piston rings, L32 connecting rods, Comp .105 pushrods, Comp 130lb springs W/Manely retainers, Clev.77 bearings, Comp OER hyd. lifters,, 3" piping,!CAT, 65lb Motron injectors, HPtuners with 97 pcm, Torsen diff. G.M. Motives 3.73's, Prothane poly trans mount, Alm. drive shaft, Transgo shift kit, Corvette Servo, TCI 3500 stall, 45,000 BTU tranny cooler, T/A cover with stud kit. 1" radiator, polished radiator cover.B&M Deep Racing transmission pan(adds extra 2 qts of tranny fluid), ZZP coils ,10.3mm plug wires,5 angle valve job for some Manely Servere Duty II series 1.90/ 1.57 Valves installed with stock .3136 stem size, also bronze guides , guides cut for .600 lift and some more porting/ polishing of the heads, they have been milled .010 already. 1.7 Pro Mags roller rockers. Walbro 255 high flow fuel pump
    • .SUSPENSION: FE2 SS Camaro 2002 Rack & Pinon 14:4.1 steering ratio , BMR ADJ. LCA'S Chromoly 10.9 bolts, relocation brackets, BMR adj. panhard rod Chromoly, BMR tubular sub frame connectors, UMI tunnel mount torque arm, QA-1 rear ADJ. shocks with 1LE springs, QA-1 front shocks with 300lb springs, rear drum to disc conversion, Powerslot slotted rotors on front and R1 Concept rear D/S rotors on the rear with ceramic pads,UMI 35mm front sway bar, 1 LE 21 mm rear sway bar, PA Racing Tubular K member, PA front Tubular lower control A arms, Spohn tublar upper A arms. 98’ + spindles and brake upgrade , Hawks ceramic pads front and rear.
    • EXTERIOR: RK sport ground effects, Chrome ZR1 rims 17x9.5" with 275/40/17 Kuhmo tires, SS spoiler, JDM Black rear lights, JDM Black side markers, front black turn singals,Billet grill,removed front bumper support, fog lights, Windsheild Resisvor, Evap, EGR, Plastic under panels, Plastic wheel liners. Converted to 02' wiper arms. 6k 55 watt HID's for the low beams, 10k 55 watt HID's for the highbeams.. Ground effects, RK Sport extended air dam for more flow,. Calipiers painted silver with Dupli color kit, chrome lic. Holder
    • INTERIOR: GTS Touring seats wide version W/ Spearco seat brackets, Alpine Type R 6 1/2" mids in front, Kicker 3 way 6x9's in sail panel, 2 Kicker titaniums in front doors, Hifonics Brutis amp for mids and highs, Hifonics Brutis 1700 amp for subwoofers, (2)Subthump stealth enclosure, (2)10" Alpine Type X sub, Kenwood double din head unit, 200 sq. ft dead mat. Rear seat delete, new carpet installed, white face gauges, 2 Aeroforce scan gauges in pillar , PLX M300 wideband in center console, SLP FAN CONTROLLER, shift glow vac/boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge in center console removed rear seats, spare tire and jack, Driver & Pass air bags removed, Sparco steering wheel added with MOMO adapter, 02' Camaro leather door panels , polished door sills. Just added Hotchkis stb.GT35R T4 turbo, .63 ar, Tial 38mm wastegate, Tial 50mm BOV, 31x12x4 intercooler, ebay turbo headers and Y pipe, 3" downpipe, turbo smart boost controller.
    Not bad for almost 27 years..lol
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-23-2022, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    ZZP sells a nice breather, I had one but ended up selling it because the strut brace was in the way.
    Yeah Edgar I have ZZPs breather, wouldn’t fit, the LS1 breather is cool because you can ditch the filter and run a 3/8th line out of it and then remount the filter and just use a straight barb fitting and mount it anywhere.l

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    ZZP sells a nice breather, I had one but ended up selling it because the strut brace was in the way.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
    Nice! It's nice to see a high res picture of that Hotchkis STB on the V6. Looks nice and solid. And good job finding a better breather for the clearance you needed.
    Thanks, hopefully get my down pipe routed to the exhaust and my new tires installed by the end of the month. Just working on tuning it. Then move the battery to the rear, install air filter in the fender well and coolant res. So still plenty to do.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-17-2022, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Namrepus28
    replied
    Nice! It's nice to see a high res picture of that Hotchkis STB on the V6. Looks nice and solid. And good job finding a better breather for the clearance you needed.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Valve Cover Billet Valve Cover Oil Cap with Breather for LSX LS1 LS6 LS2 LS3 LS7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089138ZD2...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Here’s the LS1 valve cover breather it’s really nice.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the STB on, used a LS1 breather from Amazon, alot smaller and only $22. Click image for larger version

Name:	BA637407-D7EE-427A-A15E-A58D20646E4D.jpeg
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1577879

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    That's great Steve. Are you doing the tuning yourself.
    Yes, for now, hopefully get it to a tuner and dyno tune end of this year. There’s so much I don’t know that a good tuner does. Just trying to get a safe tune on it so I can get it down and up the mountain to get my tires installed and down pipe routed to the exhaust. Hopefully this month. Then do tranny pan back to stock and move the battery to the rear.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-09-2022, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    That's great Steve. Are you doing the tuning yourself.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Took it out tonight, got 2 runs in and it started smoking pretty good so went home. It was just the coating on the pipes, thankfully. Boost comes on strong , running lean and 3kr at 4000 rpm’s, probably because it was lean. Didn’t see the boost gauge but hopefully I’m not maxing the Maf, have a 10lb spring. Might drop it to 7lbs. Hopefully get back out this week. Also my turbo spooling up is freaking loud.lol
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-07-2022, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got a shot in my knee today, no changes, calling the physical therapy place tomorrow. Insurance won’t cover the MRI until I do both. My orthopedic doctor say I tore something but with out a MRI can’t do much. Driving 40 miles one way I have to stop 2-3 times because the pain gets too bad that’s with the shot. So I’ll do physical therapy for 3 weeks the hopefully get MRI. Then surgery to finally fix my knee. Still going to try and work on the Camaro, weather has been great. Probably get tuning done hopefully. Only been 2 months not tuning it.lol

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got all my parts I need, but 1st I’m doing tuning then getting my tires on and down pipe to the exhaust. Then battery relocation and then swap transmission pans. Their backed up at the shop maybe 3 weeks out so might try and do some of the list. Getting shots in my knee tomorrow. See how that goes and got my knee brace yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Decided to hold off on battery and res. , knee is hurting too much. Orthopedic doctor said my knee wouldn’t get any worse so she said I could walk on it. My PCP doctor messed up on paperwork so insurance denied my MRI so have to wait until tomorrow to call the orthopedic doctor to have her resubmit the paperwork. Also get my knee brace tomorrow.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 02-27-2022, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X