Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Some good news, turned back on the PO300 code and it’s not setting it off any longer, also my ABS light is no longer coming on like it did. On the internet it says a bad battery can cause weird problems. I’m very happy, should finish tuning tomorrow. Since it’s running great I set my idle back down to 750 rpm’s too.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got my positive post and 400 amp anl fuses today. Installed the post, Having fuses in the front and rear so there’s no fires or anything with the 1 gauge wire going to the rear. When I move the battery.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    I thought the big 3 mod takes care of that starter wire if I remember correctly no?
    Not that I remember, if I would of known it was spliced I would of replaced it long ago. Yeah looked it up doesn’t include the starter wire, but it’s a great upgrade, especially after almost 27 years.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 04-18-2022, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    I thought the big 3 mod takes care of that starter wire if I remember correctly no?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Thanks Edgar, yeah I’ll take some pics of the down pipe to the exhaust. Yeah I figured the battery was 5 years old so it was going to be needed to be replaced and the starter was the eBay one almost 7 years old, I feel better with the AC Delco in there. The wire and connectors I had already since I was going to do the battery relocation to the hatch. I’ll do that after the other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Wow. That's awesome Steve. I had an issue with the starter too on the 89. I don't remember what it was but eventually I made it work and I did splice a wire and replaced it with a thicker one.

take some vids whenever you can.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the 1ga. wire on , starts perfect, and my cold start problem is gone. Going to finish tuning Sunday. Then have my tires and down pipe routed to the exhaust. Finally,lol

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
    Who's your mobile mechanic?
    A guy named John, my dad trained him back in the day, put him through a mechanic school, lives a block down from me. Only does Congress, Yarnell and Peoples Valley. Didn’t even charge me. Since I’m doing the install of the wire, couldn’t find a replacement so I’m just using my 1/0 gauge wire and doing it myself. Using the big wire since eventually I’ll do the battery relocation to the hatch.

Leave a comment:

• FirebirdGT
    replied
    Who's your mobile mechanic?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B5B0DFF4-308E-42BE-809E-E42473E19499.jpeg
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1577928 Found the problem, my mobile mechanic did anyway, starter wire, where someone spliced it, wasn’t me didn’t even know it was spliced. Having a hard time trying to find a replacement so I might go ahead and just use my 1/0 gauge wire I have.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Also to let you guys know eBay intercoolers have a 3-4 psi drop, so only seeing 6 lbs of boost. Either I’ll put my 14ib spring in or use the boost controller, to get 10lbs of boost. Still pretty quick at 6lbs though. The big intercooler is keeping my IATs low like 70-80 degrees so far. Pretty good.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 04-11-2022, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    I think I found the problem, bench tested the starter and it’s fine, and it’s getting 12.5 volts but I’m not getting a ground on it so I have a bad ground wire somewhere, checked the main one off the battery, it looks good so need to find the other ones. Anyone know where the other ground wires are?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    So found that the crank fuse isn’t getting power, so might be my aftermarket alarm isn’t letting me get 12 volts to the ignition. Anyone no what color the ignition wire is ? Found the aftermarket alarm module, can’t really get to it to try and find where they splice d the ignition wire , will try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 04-09-2022, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the starter early today, put it on and still nothing, called a mobile mechanic I know, waiting for him to call back. Disabled Vats and still nothing.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Tapped the starter today, no luck, double checked the starter connectors, will try jumping the wires to see if it clicks to start and check my ground wires tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X