Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Disconnected the battery tender last night and wouldn’t start this morning. Put the tender back on for a hour and started right up. So basically if it’s not on the tender I need to throw the negative switch to kill the batteries.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    I didn't know that you can get an alternator qith smaller pulleys. Wouldn't that wear it out sooner too?
    My other 200 amp alternator lasted 12 years, it had a smaller pulley but not that small.lol They reworked the internals also to get 220 amp output. I’ll wait and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    I didn't know that you can get an alternator qith smaller pulleys. Wouldn't that wear it out sooner too?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the alternator, mini pulley on it they suggest a 1” smaller belt so just ordered one. Back and knee is starting to feel better so hopefully when I get the belt I’ll swap out the alternators. 220amp on the left with black pulley , stock on the right. Huge difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0769.jpeg
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	1578973
    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-08-2023, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah should be able to get the belt off, supposed to get the alternator Thursday might be easy. Back and knee are still hurting so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Going to remove the STB , it’s a little in the way. The T4 housing is kinda in the way for the tensioner bolt, so will see if I can fit a wrench on it. Socket won’t fit. Then the 2 bolts for the alternator, one on top easy, bottom will be tough. Going to try and pull it out tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found a 220 amp alternator for the Camaro on eBay for $186 , should get it Wednesday, tweaked my back and knee trying to install the back up camera on the truck, probably start to finish it Monday. My old 200 amp alternator I’m going to try and rebuild it myself, found a guide online.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Sounds like things are going great for your Camaro. Do a video. I would to hear the sound of that turbo.
    Thanks, yeah I could probably get the neighbor down the street to help with a video. I’ll see. Tomorrow I’m installing a backup camera in my truck, if it comes out decent I’ll install one in my Camaro.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Sounds like things are going great for your Camaro. Do a video. I would to hear the sound of that turbo.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Its weird, yesterday had to give it gas on startup but today it started fine. I’m just going to keep a eye on it.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Cold start problem still there, the eBay seller offered me 15% off, told them I wanted a refund. Will see.Have this next week , Monday through Thursday to take out the Camaro for tuning, hope to get part throttle and WOT dialed in. Won’t have to move vehicles around and put them on the street. Should be a excellent time. Been painting the trim on my house and fence. Finally done after 3 weeks.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-26-2023, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Started right up this morning, didn’t have to give it gas. So cold start problem fixed. Did 10 minutes with the ignition on, listening to music, started back up. I’m happy with it. The eBay seller for the terminals responded, wants me to take pictures of the terminals and send it to him. Hopefully I can get my money back. Also the listing was for brass terminals and sent me alm. Ones.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-25-2023, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found some terminals at the hardware store that would work. They worked perfectly, started right up. Isolator is working fine now 14.3 volts charging on each battery. I’m happy. Still cool in the morning and evening, after I clean up the mess, planning on doing some tuning. Already left feedback on the eBay seller so sent them a email telling them their terminals are junk.

oh another thing it might have solved is the cold start problem where I have to give it gas on first start up. I’ll see tomorrow, I’ll be extremely happy if it fixes it.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-24-2023, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    How difficult was it putting your battery to the back? It looks good though the way you have it set up.
    Thanks, not that bad , did the positive post in the engine, already had 1 gauge wire ran for the stereo and fuse. Then just get the battery tray and battery mounted, Grounded a -2 gauge ground to the hatch ground and good to go. Still started fine if I had to do it over, use 0 gauge and a circuit breaker. If I didn’t have the draw one battery would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    How difficult was it putting your battery to the back? It looks good though the way you have it set up.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    2 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X