Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    I looked at this one again Robert, might work, I’ll see how much he cuts to make it fit.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    I forgot, you have a better turbo than the one that came with the ebay turbo.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Found the place where I posted the eBay turbo and the GT35R, thread eBay turbo , 4 pages in, just a few threads below mine .Mines alittle taller but not much. Plus the eBay seller said it would work. I still have the emails from them.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-27-2022, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    It’s idling great, haven’t been able to tune it because of the hood. Soon as that is fixed I’ll tune it.
    Yeah before I bought the kit, I asked the eBay company if the Gt35r would fit and they said it would, since you can run bigger turbo’s supposedly. They lied.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    How's it running Steve? Congrats on finally putting it in. Looks awesome!

Theres a number of v6 owner who have this installed and I've never heard of them having issues with their hood....interesting.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    One of my neighbors does body work, he just looked at it, said he’ll cut it out for me. He’s busy so maybe next week. $100 , not bad.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Still no response from the eBay company that made the turbo kit. I’m not surprised. I’m going to end up cutting the stock hood and selling the SS hood.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Stock hood on still hitting pretty bad, about 2”s here’s a pic all the way down. Worse case scenario I’ll have the compressor side sticking out of the hood or I’ll see if I can maybe bubble it up to clear the compressor side. Click image for larger version

Name:	3C061497-E5C5-4C99-A8F6-1AC2A11FD0EE.jpeg
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1577784

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    SS hood off , stock hood goes on with help from my neighbor.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Got the hood, and it’s black like I wanted. Will see if it fits better asap.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Thanks again Mike.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Got your video up Steve

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Going Saturday to get a stock hood. Hopefully it fits better, I know I compared the turbos , the one in the kit and the Garrett and they were basically the same size. So I’ll have a fiberglass SS hood for sale shortly.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looked at that one Robert, it’s still over on the passenger side abit more. I wouldn’t want to spend the $600 and still need to cut it. It’s further than the alternator. I’ll try the stock hood first. Thanks though

Leave a comment:

• FirebirdGT
    replied
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/29314090635...iABEgJ4YfD_BwE

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X