No announcement yet.

Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Looks good , I'm glad for ya. Let us know how it drives.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ran into another bump in the road. Shift Arm was missing. I found a new one and had it shipped out but it pushes things till after Thanksgiving :(
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Motor is in the car

I have all the necessary parts aswell. I was quoted 3 more days!
        Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Glad it's finally coming together for you...hopefully she starts up and runs smooth with no issues this time
          aka FreedStyle
          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Glad to see it's almost done. Hope you have no more issues with it mang.
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
            sigpic

Comment

My A/C Compressor is locked up. It was a used compressor and I never had a opportunity to try it. I need a new one. Otherwise everything else is looking okay...they're going to try to crank it this morning, we'll see how that turns out.

Comment

IT'S FINISHED!!!

The car runs and also EVERYTHING WORKS!
                All gauges work, fuel, oil, tach, speedo! EVERYTHING!!!
                No more leaks, brand new motor / correct transmission...
                Compressor has been replaced, everything is GOOD!

I will pick it up on Friday and give you more updates!

Comment

Its about time! You've waited long enough for this man. Glad it got done

Comment

:tup::tup::tup:
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                    sigpic

Comment

I finally got it back ... but there is no victory. Not even 1 traffic light out the shop it overheated while waiting on the light and there's white smoke and liquid coming out the exhaust. A/C compressor also does not work. The gauges all work fine. Oil pressure is low. The shop said the pressure was fine when they cranked it and so were the temperatures. They took it back in to look at it but they are skeptical the previous shop gave me a faulty oil pump in effort to screw me for what I did.

I'm had... the car is for sale now. I need a running car.

Comment

That looks awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28 View Post
                          That looks awesome!!

Lol, I'm guessing you didn't see his most recent post... because it sure doesn't sound awesome...

Need4Camaro...man that sucks. Is it so bad that they can't replace the oul pump or did it run long enough to cause significant damage?

And no offense to you, but this is exactly why I believe that you should only do major work to your car if you have the knowledge and resources to do it yourself. I won't even trust a quick lube place to do an oil change on my Firebird, maybe my truck, but not my pride and joy.
                          aka FreedStyle
                          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                            Lol, I'm guessing you didn't see his most recent post... because it sure doesn't sound awesome...

Need4Camaro...man that sucks. Is it so bad that they can't replace the oul pump or did it run long enough to cause significant damage?

And no offense to you, but this is exactly why I believe that you should only do major work to your car if you have the knowledge and resources to do it yourself. I won't even trust a quick lube place to do an oil change on my Firebird, maybe my truck, but not my pride and joy.
                            I dont think anything severe has been done yet, nothing is knocking and the motor itself still runs fine but since the oil pump came from Spartan Performance, my previous shop (came with the new motor) I can't go after him for it and I'm too low on funds to have them tear it down and tell me how much stuff they found broke and write me a bill for it all.

Unfortunately I have no choice but to abandon the project...it really pisses me off to no end but if I go on I'm going to go nuts and I'll still be without a car.

Comment

That cars jinxed set it on fire and push it off a cliff:(

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                                Oops, your right. I just saw the cool photos. My bad, I hope things get fixed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X