Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
    I finally got it back ... but there is no victory. Not even 1 traffic light out the shop it overheated while waiting on the light and there's white smoke and liquid coming out the exhaust. A/C compressor also does not work. The gauges all work fine. Oil pressure is low. The shop said the pressure was fine when they cranked it and so were the temperatures. They took it back in to look at it but they are skeptical the previous shop gave me a faulty oil pump in effort to screw me for what I did.

I'm had... the car is for sale now. I need a running car.
    Wow. I feel really bad for you. This project has just not gone well. But you sure did try.

Any reason why the shop did not test drive it before releasing it to you?

Comment

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
      Wow. I feel really bad for you. This project has just not gone well. But you sure did try.

Any reason why the shop did not test drive it before releasing it to you?
      They were in a rush to flank my pockets so they could pay their employees so they most likely rushed the car making it "Ready" so I would come by and pay them.

I'm ganna try a few things tomorrow but if they dont go well then I have to give up.
      Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM.
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

The overheating appears to have been air in the system, the oil pressure worries me though. When cranking it goes right up to 60 PSI but as time goes on it slowly lowers to ALMOST the red mark...what could be causing this? I was at first thinking oil pump but the shop says its unlikely because it would just stay low from the start. They're thinking maybe clogged passages...Problem with that is the motor came from my old shop.

Comment

I dunno man, my old 94 Trans Am drops to 20ish psi when the oil get hot. What does it do when you're at higher rpm? I'm assuming it drops low at idle?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            I dunno man, my old 94 Trans Am drops to 20ish psi when the oil get hot. What does it do when you're at higher rpm? I'm assuming it drops low at idle?
            To top it off, headlights also dont raise up anymore.

Comment

Test with mechanical oil pressure gauge! The stock gauge is inaccurate, depending on the brand of sensor they all read different

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                To top it off, headlights also dont raise up anymore.
                Make sure the module thats behind the DS headlight is plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                  Make sure the module thats behind the DS headlight is plugged in.
                  This^^
                  I was having issues with my headlights not coming up at all or randomly popping up. It ended up being a loose connection to the headlight module. Haven't had any issues in the 2+ years since.
                  aka FreedStyle
                  Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                  2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                    This^^
                    I was having issues with my headlights not coming up at all or randomly popping up. It ended up being a loose connection to the headlight module. Haven't had any issues in the 2+ years since.

Well. This is the end. I finally got it home. I babied it home and like stated on a COLD start the oil pressure is fine but as it warms up it slowly bleeds to the red mark till eventually at idle it's on the red mark. I also have smoke and liquid ooozing out the exhaust. I think the.headgaskets are toast and I think coolant is getting into the oil making it thin which is why the pressure is fine when the oil is cold and like water when its warm. The shop isn't taking responsibity for it... they blame my previous shops machine work. I am done though. I can't go on.

Comment

Does the engine start knocking or pinging when the oil gauge goes down? Like I sad make sure to get it checked with a mechanical gauge the stock one use 0-5v to tell the voltage. Easiest way to check for water mixed with oil is checking your dipstick.

Comment

Originally posted by alex553 View Post
                        Does the engine start knocking or pinging when the oil gauge goes down? Like I sad make sure to get it checked with a mechanical gauge the stock one use 0-5v to tell the voltage. Easiest way to check for water mixed with oil is checking your dipstick.
                        I will check oil tonight. The motor itself even when gauge is low still runs fine. There is no knocking or grinding whatsoever. I can't even tell anything is wrong. There is an occasional misfire due to coolant going into cylinders but otherwise you can't tell there's anything wrong with the car. Problem is it can't pass emissions. Also... Scan tools are able to read my codes but emissions scanner isn't able to. any reason?

For the oil stuff is it possible that the input readings between the LS1 Gauge and V6 gauge cluster are incompatible? I am.still using V6 gauges.
                        Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-10-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I checked the oil. Its murky green and full of coolant. So yeah. It looks like its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                            I checked the oil. Its murky green and full of coolant. So yeah. It looks like its done.
                            Sorry to hear that.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Man that sucks. As a last resort I would use a head gasket repair its like $5 and can't hurt to at least try it :/ its worked for me a couple of times

Comment

Again these are problems that are not your fault. You paid for work to be done, it shouldn't have happened.

I'd lawyer up. Too much money and effort invested not to.
                                In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                                2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X