No announcement yet.

Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about the head gasket. The mechanic should make good on that for you. After all, he installed it.

As for the rack, the boot does not hold the fluid in, it just keeps dirt out. You blew the seal. The rack will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Comment

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
      Sorry to hear about the head gasket. The mechanic should make good on that for you. After all, he installed it.

As for the rack, the boot does not hold the fluid in, it just keeps dirt out. You blew the seal. The rack will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
      I would let him do it but I'm out of time. He kept the car for 3 months and I have to move back to Atlanta ... car is going to have to be trailered. I found the problem with the gauges ... wires are completely missing from my harness.

For the headgasket, is there a Chance I may have a warped block or head cuzz its alittle weird to blow a gasket in one day.
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

• If it was not torqued properly it would blow pretty quickly.

I hate to say this, but your mechanic does not sound like the best guy out there.

Sorry it turned out this way for you.

You could live without power steering, but the head gasket must be fixed ASAP.

Comment

What's the likelyhood of the entire block being trashed? I am running a 160 state and my fans come on but at times they seem not to. Also at times the heat blows real cold and at others real hot. Independent of my driving ... I'm beggining to think there was air in the system which lead to it overheating.

Comment

Sounds like the coolant level is low.
            sigpic

Comment

Would opening the radiator cap alone be enough to bleed the system while running it or do I need to disconnect the hose that goes to the throttle body?

Comment

• Should be enough, squeeze the hose from the rad a little bit while it runs
                Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Yea, keeping squeezing your upper radiator hose until you dont hear bubbling anymore. It will be hard to get all of the air out, but doing that will get the majority of it out of the system. You might be surprised how much air is in there and how much coolant you have to keep dumping in to compensate for it.
                  aka FreedStyle
                  Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                  2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Any updates?
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Any updates?
                      I used Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak for the steering rack and it completely stopped the leak in a few hours. I know Im still ganna need to replace the rack but I did it to keep it from leaking while the car is down.

I'm back at home in Atlanta. The car is going to be shipped to me because it wasnt in condition to drive it back. When it gets back then I'm going to proceed with repairing it. I have a local shop who works with F-Bodies on a day to day basis who I've done business with before and has done good work for me. I'm taking it to him for the remaining problems when I get it back.

I drove cross country in a Honda CRV meanwhile, those things are pigs on gas, worse than my car was. I didn't go the most direct way though, I went through California because I-90 was closed.

Comment

I am also in the process of doing this swap. 99 camaro ls1/t56 donor car to my 2000 v6 car

Im having trouble getting the car to run. I have everything bolted up and the car turns over when I turn the key, but I dont hear the fuel pump turn on. When I hook up my hptuners it wont connect to the PCM.
                        I ran the INJ 2 wire from my donor car to the right spot, but im thinking there is something I am missing

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                          I am also in the process of doing this swap. 99 camaro ls1/t56 donor car to my 2000 v6 car

Im having trouble getting the car to run. I have everything bolted up and the car turns over when I turn the key, but I dont hear the fuel pump turn on. When I hook up my hptuners it wont connect to the PCM.
                          I ran the INJ 2 wire from my donor car to the right spot, but im thinking there is something I am missing

Check for possible blown fuse's. Do you know the PCM was good before you got it?
                          sigpic

Comment

yes everything was good

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Can you remove the fuel pump relay and use a jumper and get the fuel pump to run?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post

It could be VATS related,did you swap the BCM out of the donor car?

Try that and see if it works.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X