No announcement yet.

Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
    Well, I was informed it will take longer than the end of this week, maybe even longer than the end of next week mainly because the carpet has to be made for my car.

How long does it normally take to make carpets?
    I ordered mine online and it came about a week later I don't think they made it. It was already in stock and they shipped it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I ordered mine online and it came about a week later I don't think they made it. It was already in stock and they shipped it.
      yeah i told them to order from Year One (should have did it myself but I didnt want any shipping discrepencies) and they used their own vendor... I see YearOne ships within 2 business days :(... Either way they say it will be a good quality carpet so I guess when I finally get it I better not have any mud on my shoes when I finally get to drive my car again.
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Well. Some progress. We're still waiting on the carpet. The new motor is done, will have photos later. Also managed to reuse my old wiring harness so keeping my fingers crossed. Waiting on the transmission to come back but ETA is somewhere around next week.

Comment

The carpet is on the way now. It will only be a matter of days before my car is running at this point. If I had a tail I'd be wagging it like a puppy.

Edit: The Carpet has arrived!
          Last edited by Need4Camaro; 10-28-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The carpet arrived and it turned out to be the wrong carpet, it was for a convertable model and not a hatchback, meaning it wont fit in the trunk / rear area of the car...they're making a new one (no cost to me) but it bites into another week. Meanwhile I saw my engine, It's going into the car tomorrow, still awaiting the transmission...so yeah...

Comment

Okay, the motor is Painted and ready to go in. Accessories will be in soon aswell.

I have updated photos now...this thread is more of a photoshoot than a motor swap at this point and I just saw a thread on LS1Tech where a guy completed this same swap with an LM7 in THREE DAYS by himself and wanted to cry...

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 11-11-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 11-11-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

That is very pretty!!

Comment

Looks good.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Looks really nice man!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

So when this is complete I wanna aim for about 500 HP out of the 5.3 and will use Forced Induction to obtain it... I dont know if I want to Supercharge it or Turbo it though.

Turbo means good bye long tubes (unless I do a rear mount) but it would be wicked having a twin turbo setup on this motor.

Supercharging, I'd want a Whipple as I've seen they can be installed without any clearance issues and it still looks stock.

Neither are cheap...

My Tax return is going towards new wheels / tires and a 12 Bolt Rear Axel.

Comment

Sounds good , are you looking to drag race or a street rod this car, either way I would look at another vehicle so you have a back up.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            Sounds good , are you looking to drag race or a street rod this car, either way I would look at another vehicle so you have a back up.
                            Buying moms Infiniti G35 from her for my DD... or possibly a 2010 Camaro V6 but I love the G35

Comment

I would go twin turbo with a boost controller. That way you can run it on low boost during long trips and get better MPG..then switch to full boost and smoke the imports.

Comment

Lights at the end of the tunnel! The interior is completed!

-------------------
                                Motor is ready to go in, Transmission will be ready tomorrow.

----

It's finally almost over! I will have my car back by no later than the middle of next week... probably the end of this week.

So yeah I'm not sure which way I want to take it, Supercharging and keeping the AC or going all out Turbo'ing. I dont wanna make it a drag car, want it as daily drivable as possible because I see no fun in having a fast car you can rarely drive.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X