No announcement yet.

Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Edit - I informed him I'd pursue legal action if he didnt wish to pay. He refunded me the money via PayPal. I really hate being a jerk I seriously do ... but meh.
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

You're not being a jerk, you're being perfectly reasonable at this point. Even if you couldn't afford to pay all at once and the previous shop had your car in a waiting line, the very least they SHOULD have done was assemble the motor or seal it off to prevent rust like that. Trash the current block and pick up a junkyard 5.3. They're super cheap and will hold almost any power you can throw at it.
      aka FreedStyle
      Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
      2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

I would not bother to try and save that block...too far gone. Start with something else.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
          You're not being a jerk, you're being perfectly reasonable at this point. Even if you couldn't afford to pay all at once and the previous shop had your car in a waiting line, the very least they SHOULD have done was assemble the motor or seal it off to prevent rust like that. Trash the current block and pick up a junkyard 5.3. They're super cheap and will hold almost any power you can throw at it.
          Do you think I should go for more than the $700 ? My motor had almost 0 miles on it and it will cost alot more than $700 for a 5.3L under 5k miles. Also Im ganna have to pay $500 for labor to have my old motor removed and new one installed.

Comment

Yes, he is responsible for all the damage to your car.
            sigpic

Comment

At the very minimum you should go for every penny that you paid him in labor, a replacement engine, and any other damaged/unfinished parts. Maybe even compensation for lost time. Don't accept a loss of any money because a shop mishandled your project.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

Comment

At the very minimum you should go for every penny that you paid him in labor, a replacement engine, and any other damaged/unfinished parts. Maybe even compensation for lost time. Don't accept a loss of any money because a shop mishandled your project.
                Should I get an attorney or would I stand a chance without one? It's difficult to find anyone who will handle property damage lawsuites in a civil case.

I reported him to the BBB

I also have a thread against him on LS1Tech. I was surprised to find that he's actually a moderator there...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sp...eimbursed.html

Comment

meh. He bought me a new - 0 miles on it... 5.3L Shortblock. I will pick it up soon. but at the same time I feel horrible.

Comment

Don't feel bad, he needs to owe up to his mishandling of your project. I read the thread on LS1tech, and judging by that and this thread, I'd have to say that both of you are at fault, but you being the customer should have always been taken care of instead of having your car neglected. It was one thing to push your car out of the shop for lack of funding, but the fashion in which it was done, resulting in extensive damage to your engine, was a big no-no. In the end, I hope he refunds all your money and you come out of it with all the parts to get this thing together and running.
                    aka FreedStyle
                    Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Don't feel bad, he needs to owe up to his mishandling of your project. I read the thread on LS1tech, and judging by that and this thread, I'd have to say that both of you are at fault, but you being the customer should have always been taken care of instead of having your car neglected. It was one thing to push your car out of the shop for lack of funding, but the fashion in which it was done, resulting in extensive damage to your engine, was a big no-no. In the end, I hope he refunds all your money and you come out of it with all the parts to get this thing together and running.
                      Yeah, he exxagurated heavily on the lack of funding part. There were times I didnt have funds for things but it was not for 3 months - a month total at best. - I have emails proving that he stalled me all the way till the end of April, He wasnt even ready to accept my deposit nor did he have an invoice for me throughout the entire month of February. I even FORCED my $700 deposit on him in March and was ready to handle the cost of everything till I had my accident. I can post those emails in image format so you will know they werent edited. Also for the exhaust and Y-Pipe the reason it took me a moment was because I emailed him all week and he never responded to where to send the money to so I decided I just wanted to get my car out his shop asap and take it to an exhaust shop myself and used the money to help family members - then he comes back and sends me the paypal information a week later causing me to have to wait till my next paycheck.
                      Last edited by Need4Camaro; 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

So I have to pick up the motor on Friday with a Pickup Truck - I dunno if I like the idea of going back to that shop after what I said on LS1tech (although I didn't lie) but I guess I gotta face the fine for the crimes. Oh well.

Comment

The link to the LS1 tech thread is now dead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                            The link to the LS1 tech thread is now dead.
                            I know. He requested that I delete the thread and allow us to resolve it in a peaceful manner and he'd buy a new motor for me so I deleted it. He probably wants it gone because it will smash his business.

Comment

Hooly cow I didn't realize that was you on LS1tech. Been awhile since I visited the thread here.

I'd almost be willing to bet if you found a good local forum and made some friends they'd be able to set you in the right direction or even help do the swap in a weekend's time just to get another V6 off the road

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                                Hooly cow I didn't realize that was you on LS1tech. Been awhile since I visited the thread here.

I'd almost be willing to bet if you found a good local forum and made some friends they'd be able to set you in the right direction or even help do the swap in a weekend's time just to get another V6 off the road
                                Yeah small world, I get around, what did you think of that thread?

I so wish my car could be finished by the end of this weekend.

Im just recapping and can't believe how much drama I've been through over this swap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X