No announcement yet.

Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Stuff like what you've gone through is one reason why I insist to do my own work. I have to be very well acquainted with a shop/owner before I can bring myself to let them work on it.

I usually stick around for the work because questions about the car are bound to come up. I'd told one guy how to put the car in reverse (lockout is wired up to work a specific way) and the other tech didn't get told that info and he couldn't get the car in reverse lol!

I really recommend finding a local forum, there's times where that saves you big time on stuff like this and you can make some darned good friends as well.

Comment

So the new block is now at a machine shop getting some clean up work (no expense to me). It may take a week for it to be ready. In the mean time this leaves me to contemplate (once again) on color schemes. All 5.3's come black. Should I leave it black and paint my intake silver (my car is silver) and go with a Black / Silver theme on my car? (I intend to leather out my seats and want Black/Silver leather seats) Or should I have it repainted Pontiac Blue and go with black / pontiac blue leather seats?
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

• Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
        So the new block is now at a machine shop getting some clean up work (no expense to me). It may take a week for it to be ready. In the mean time this leaves me to contemplate (once again) on color schemes. All 5.3's come black. Should I leave it black and paint my intake silver (my car is silver) and go with a Black / Silver theme on my car? (I intend to leather out my seats and want Black/Silver leather seats) Or should I have it repainted Pontiac Blue and go with black / pontiac blue leather seats?
        I would go with silver and black but that's my opinion . Do what you like its your car man. Satisfy your self not others.:)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Black block, silver intake.. Any other color on the block will look dirty pretty quick, black isn't as noticable. Colored engines look neat sometimes, but if you drive it a lot, I don't think it's really worth it.
          aka FreedStyle
          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
            Black block, silver intake.. Any other color on the block will look dirty pretty quick, black isn't as noticable. Colored engines look neat sometimes, but if you drive it a lot, I don't think it's really worth it.
            Wouldent a black block get hotter since it is black?

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
              Wouldent a black block get hotter since it is black?

If it were sitting out in the sun then yes. I have heard it actually dissipates heat more quickly than alot of colors.

Comment

I suppose it could..you might see a slight decrease in fuel mileage too if that's the case ;)
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Other things I was thinking of... How should I break in the new motor?

Comment

This is unbelievable ... They pulled my block and drained the oil pan and it drained for 20 seconds straight. But guess what else... My Transmission was ALSO filled with water AND its toast... I need a new transmission aswell. I'm also still waiting on this shop to get my shortblock to.me as he told me it was se.t to a machine shop and would be a week. he said it may go a bit over but I will give him till Wednesday before I begin to pull strings. I am really beggining to. consider giving up though.

Comment

More updates. Suspension Parts and Cross Member is rusted, the Alternator and AC Compressor likewise, Will have photos later.

Comment

• Damn man kinda sucks :/

Comment

Vote: Should I give up and move on? or Continue repairs?

Comment

You need to get enough money to replace the car at this point. Sue for car/engine, personal damages and lost time.
                            aka FreedStyle
                            Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                              You need to get enough money to replace the car at this point. Sue for car/engine, personal damages and lost time.
                              What should I do about the new motor given he hasn't given it to me yet?

Comment

So...I haven't given up...inspite of all the B.S. I've been through.

I have a 6.0L LQ4 on the way that I got for $500, I'm selling the new 5.3L my previous shop is giving to me to recoup the costs (that or just going to keep it as a project motor for a 383 stroker later.) I have bought a Transmission specifically from a 98 Formula (AND made sure it was an LS1 transmission this time.) which is currently being rebuilt .. Suspension parts only have surface rust and will be painted for now and replaced later as I intended to anyway. Oh, but my interior carpet is also being replaced (was removed because the first guy completely ruined the interior wiring harness which I also had to be replaced. Since all my seats are out Im thinking of getting them leathered.)... Going through year one for the carpet. Seats will be leathered Black / Silver if I can splurge to do the job.

Anyway... round 3...lets begin.
                                Last edited by Need4Camaro; 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X