Project 11secV6 underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project 11secV6 underway

Alright, someones gonna have to teach me about nitrous later. I'm getting interested. Maybe it's just showdowns avatar.. hmm.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      Alright, someones gonna have to teach me about nitrous later. I'm getting interested. Maybe it's just showdowns avatar.. hmm.
      :D

If you get nitrous, you'll get girls like that at car shows lol.
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

My gf already has big bewbies. :D

Ahem.. but yeah, 97rs it looks awesome.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Relocated the coil packs to the firewall today and test fitted my 90* elbow and 85mm vette MAF to see what kind of path I need to take with the air intake. I am thinking I should move the power steering resevoir to make it a straighter path. Anyone move their resevoir by buying some longer hose?

Here are some pics:

http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Thats looking sharp, great job. I would just use some flex tubing( the good stuff that is black and the rings are metal, got mine from intense along time ago when running the powerdyne) and run it down under the fender(like slp setup) that is where my air filter is, works great.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I want as smooth of a path as possible, that flex tubing I can get from zzp just down the road.

So I figure just move the power steering reservoir and then run a metal pipe to the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                I want as smooth of a path as possible, that flex tubing I can get from zzp just down the road.

So I figure just move the power steering reservoir and then run a metal pipe to the fender.
                O.K. then you know what tubing I was refering to. I wouldn't use any metal on the intake tubing just absorbs heat. Just my .2 cents I guess, moving the power steering res. shouldn't be a problem, just buy a longer hose and move it up buy the booster, should work I would assume.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How hard was it moving the coil pack on the firewall, is there anything back there? Where I would get into trouble putting along screw into it. I don't want a electrical fire.LOL

Comment

I just used two small sheetmetal screws to attach it. Nothing to long. Hope nothing is back there, lol. I know of a couple other guys that have put them there without any issues.

Just make sure you have it in a spot that your wires can reach or you will have to move some around to make it work.

Comment

• Re: Project 11secV6 underway

Thanks for the info, good luck with your project. Looks like everything is coming together. If yours does good, I think I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        Thanks for the info, good luck with your project. Looks like everything is coming together. If yours does good, I think I'm going to give it a try.
                        everything is going smooth, other than waiting for the engine to get done, lol.

Comment

Hey 97rs4life I have a question, what are your N/A goals as far as HP/TQ and 1/4 times? Because I am going to be running a very similar setup to you (everything but the pistons and ARH heads [I did my own heads/intakes]) and I was just wondering what you were aiming for N/A if you did have a goal.

You're so lucky you live right by zzp lol

Comment

after the longtube headers I would like 270-285rwhp NA. :)

we shall see

Comment

after the longtube headers I would like 270-285rwhp NA. :)

we shall see
                              lol nice

I am hoping for like 250 but I don't know how possible that is. It will have a good tune though for sure. I am doing the abbott cam, p&p heads w/ valve job etc, polished gasket matched lower/upper, p&p'd TB, ram air, pacesetters --> cutout --> true dual borla, and I will probably up the compression a tiny bit by milling the heads and getting a thinner head gasket. I run 93 octane so the timing will be advanced also.

I am at sea level so hopefully I'll see some pretty good times for what I did. Who knows.

Comment

^^ Checking the oil might be a bit*h huh lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X