Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project 11secV6 underway

Pic didn't go through.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Did some more work today. Painted some things and also relocated my power steering resevoir to the fender to make room for the air intake tube that comes off the drivers side of the intake. Makes it a straight shot without having to go around that resevoir. Here is a pic of how I have it now:

Took some longer rubber hose and some velcro and it was done, no biggy.

Also I went and picked up a engine stand :D Paid $50 and now I have a 750lb engine stand, so I can finally get the new engine off this skid and finish putting the accessories on it before putting it in the car
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

So when are you planning on putting the engine in? I'm considering doing a similar build and I'd love to know how this thing does.
        1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

Originally posted by 96silverbullet View Post
          So when are you planning on putting the engine in? I'm considering doing a similar build and I'd love to know how this thing does.
          waiting for a free weekend. I have had to work the last 3 weekends. :( But I have changed jobs now and will no longer be working weekends, so hopefully in a week or two. ;)

Comment

Sweet, I can't wait to see some results!
            1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

Hey i'll give ya 50 bucks to clean up and rearrange things in my engine bay to make it prettier :D cause you're doing a great job lol

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Engine is ready to go in minus a few fuel rail fittings to hook the lines up and I have to fabricate a way to connect the coolant passages between the tensioner bracket and the lower intake manifold. I do have an idea that I am going to try out for the coolant passage after studying it a bit today.

If you have suggestions on where to get the fittings to thread onto the ends of the fuel rail let me know as I am currently trying to figure that out. The stock FPR mounts onto the end of the rail then runs the fuel line from there. (See SuperJ's) pics for an example of the stock FPR. I am deciding how I want to attack that, should I try and find a stock GM FPR that will mount onto there or should I get a univ. FPR and then tap the end and run a braided line to the univ. FPR?

Anyways here are the pics of the engine assembled on the engine stand, just waiting for the tubular PAracing kmember before putting it into the car. Oh yea, and ignore the paint chips on the heads, I repainted them since the pics, the surface was too smooth and the painters tape peeled it off.

Comment

I see you sightly re-located the oil dipstick lol...everything is looking really nice! keep up the good work:tup:

Comment

did you polish that upper ? its hard to tell in the dark garage
                    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                    1994 Camaro - Sold
                    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                      did you polish that upper ? its hard to tell in the dark garage
                      yea the upper intake lid is polished as well as the fuel rails. ;)

Comment

looking good man....looking forward to hearing some numbers when its all said and done...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

This last post was six months ago...whatever happened? Did I miss the subsequent thread about it installed?

Comment

Originally posted by boonders View Post
                            This last post was six months ago...whatever happened? Did I miss the subsequent thread about it installed?
                            Spun a bearing on they dyno I think.
                            sigpic
                            1997 Camaro RS A4
                            2006 Chevy Colorado
                            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                              Spun a bearing on they dyno I think.
                              did he ever figure out what caused that?...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

yea the bottom end didn't last even 3-4 tuning pulls on the dyno. Never even took it down the road.

Had to pull the engine out, found a ton of metal shavings in the filter. Engine ran but kept losing power and oil psi.

Found out a few of the rods were not bored/machined like they were suppose too. Hence bearings going south on it. Also oil pickup was hitting oil pan.

Engine is at my local shop and should be finished this week I hope. Then I will have to put it back in the car. Shouldn't have any more issues now after the second bottom end rebuild. lol Crossing my fingers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X