Project 11secV6 underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project 11secV6 underway

I'm curious, how did the oil pickup hit the pan?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Was that a Abbott racing block, that is the same thing Linx had happen to his, I hope they are taking care of the expense of the new rebuild. I know they didn't do much for Linx. Which would suck paying all that money and not having a stout engine. I'm glad I had a GM mecahanic do mine, 6 years ago now with over 40,000 miles on it and still running no problems. That was with 9:5.1 Diamond Forged pistons, clev.77 bearings , L32 rods, Comp O-er lifters, VS cam and all new misc. items installed labor was $750 to rebuild it. Parts was about $2000 I think it was, but I added since then was Comp 5/16 pushrods, Comp 105lb springs, and ZZP modded retainers.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yea lance abbott built it, lance made good with backing the engine though and reimbursed me partially for my troubles. Can't complain about that. Just wish it was done correctly the first time instead of having to rebuild it twice.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I hope this rebuild is the last one for ya, good luck to you. When should it be up and running again?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I hope this rebuild is the last one for ya, good luck to you. When should it be up and running again?
            once I get the engine back from the local shop, figure in a weekend I would have it going again. So maybe in a week or two unless there are issues with the build at the machine shop

Comment

What numbers did you put down on your 3-4 runs?
              I know you were in the middle of tuning, but I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro View Post
                What numbers did you put down on your 3-4 runs?
                I know you were in the middle of tuning, but I'm just curious.
                first one was the best, with it pig rich and no tuning, 205hp, then it kept dropping, engine wasn't good from the get go with those rods too tight. 4th run was down to like 150hp I think it was and the tune was close to where it should be with my mods...

So looking at the hp is useless with the bad bottom end

Comment

good luck to ya...I want to see this thing hit low 11's and bring in some more hope for us N/A guys...definetly keep us posted...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

11s are not happening with my setup without nitrous, so it isn't gonna be an 11 sec NA car. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                      11s are not happening with my setup without nitrous, so it isn't gonna be an 11 sec NA car. ;)
                      well not with that attitude it wont!!

Im sure if you shaved enought weight you could maybe break em...maybeee....

either way I think you should be running 12's N/A with that setup ...and thats pretty damn impressive...

Comment

Well good luck on the rebuild man. Keep at it. I'm hoping to do a similar engine build (minus the Holden) in the next year or 2 or 3...
                        Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
                        New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                          I know this is a really old thread, but did you ever get any dyno runs or timeslips after Abbott fixed the rod issue? Are you still NA?

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                            I know this is a really old thread, but did you ever get any dyno runs or timeslips after Abbott fixed the rod issue? Are you still NA?
                            I didn't send the engine back to abbott, didn't want to chance it again, so I had it redone locally. been driving it since, engine is running great, I have had it on the dyno a few times, and a few track runs :)

Comment

well...spit it out then...what'd you get for both? and what's the cam spec on this little beast again?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                                well...spit it out then...what'd you get for both? and what's the cam spec on this little beast again?
                                lol its like pulling teeth. you can just say u put it on a dyno and went to the track.... we wanna know the numbers! :banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X