Project 11secV6 underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 11secV6 underway

Well I have been busy scooping up misc. parts and figured it is finally time to fill you in on what is going down with my car this winter. There is a lot happening and come spring/summer it is going to be a totally different animal.

My goal is to get into the 11s with it. I am going to try to do this with stock bottom end 3.8l engine and nitrous.

I recently purchased the heads/cam/intakes that are going to be going on the car.

Heads: I went with the Abbott Stage 3 heads. These heads feature:
    • ARH Competition valve job
    • SI Stainless valves, 1.840" intake, 1.550" exhaust
    • Fully ported combustion chambers, intake, and exhaust ports
    • Decks are milled and combustion chambers are C.C.ed to spec size
    • All ports are flowed and tuned on the flowbench to ensure they meet spec flow rates
    • Comp 130# valve springs
    • Comp titanium retainers
    • Guides cut down for high lift cams
    • New valve seals
    • Assembled and ready to run
    • Check for cracks
    • Bronze valve guides

For the head gasket I picked MLS Cometic Gasket with a .052" thickness to raise the compression up some more to help NA power and nitrous. :)

Intakes I am going a different route, that actually has never been done in the USA. :shock: I bought some Holden v6 intake manifolds from a place down in australia. The stock holden intakes are a better design with longer runners and such. Looking to gain more torque out of them. I am also using the holden TB so the TB will no longer have the MAF in it like the fbody version has. So I have ordered a LS6 vette MAF to take car of my MAF needs. Lower intake I will be having Abbott Racing port to match the Stage 3 heads I have of theirs.

Cam: I chose the Abbott NA cam for the cam. I was going to go with a bigger one from Lance but the MPG and streetability of it was an issue that I felt was not worth it. The specs are:

ARH Naturally Aspirated cam
    -210/220 @ .050
    -.320" lobe lift on the intake, .512 with a 1.6 rocker ratio
    -.320 lobe lift on the exhaust, .512 with a 1.6 rocker ratio
    -112 lobe separation

misc items to install as well:
    - JP double roller timing chain
    - remove balance shaft
    - Comp OE lifters
    - ARP head studs
    - ARP reusable rocker arm bolts
    - PLX wideband
    - TA performance Rear cover and stud kit
    - UMI panhard bar

Oh yea and I am also doing a rear seat delete that will have two nitrous bottles mounted to it along with a fire extinguisher since I don't use the back seats anyways. My nitrous setup will stay with the two stage setup that I have now. First stage is dry, second stage is wet.

I am still looking for a TC stall yet, I want to get a 3500 stall and I am waiting for a guy I know to start parting his car out that he is no longer going to race. He has a nice TCI stall that is 3500 and cut some great times with. Yea that is you Floyd :P

So yea, sorry to drag this post on and on, but I thought some of you guys here would be interested in hearing my plans. Stay tuned for progress in the next few weeks. :)
    Last edited by 97rs4life; 01-07-2008, 11:15 PM.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Re: Project 11secV6 underway

You smell something?

Oh nevermind, that was me just ****ting myself. :drool:

Comment

Sounds like a good setup, nitrous should like that cam. Even with my 206/216 115LS cam the nitrous likes it. I'm sure you'll hit in the 11's with the right size shots. What size shots are you planning on running? I know I want to dyno my car with a .071 jet(around 190wrhp) will see though. With those longer runners on yours it should be interesting. I would look at some bigger injectors also(36lbers) , with all those mods. With mine I get around 60% duty cycle with 36lbers N/A. Yours would be alot more with those heads, bigger cam and intakes. Also I have found out with the bigger injectors, I run less on the fuel jets. Example: I have a .055 nitrous jet and run a .024-.026 fuel, where as the calculator would say run a .030. I figure if I run a .063 nitrous jet I would need a .028 fuel jet and with a .071 nitrous jet a .034. It would greatly reduce nitrous back fires from fuel puddling. Just a thought for ya. Good luck.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

any other weight reduction considerations?

A/C
        Battery Relocation
        K member
        Skinnies

etc?

Comment

Already have the 36# injectors :)

Wheels and tires are on the list of things to get as well of course

AC and battery are staying put. Kmember is not coming out unless I had to pull the whole engine.

Nitrous shots are going to be 100dry/100wet :)

Comment

i'm extremely jealous.

Comment

that sounds like alot of nitrous for not lowering the compression and using stock rods and pistons, but ive never run nitrous before, good luck

Comment

I am curious as to what that kind of hardware costs in the end.

Comment

sounds like a awsome setup.:tup:
                  good luck!

-Y87
                  Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

You shuold have no problem with an 11 second car setup like that.

On a 100 shot with stock heads and that cam I would've gone 11s had my transmission not taken a crap on the 2-3 shift (went 12.2)

You'll get your 11 with that setup and some good tires. Get after it :)
                    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23
                      that sounds like alot of nitrous for not lowering the compression and using stock rods and pistons, but ive never run nitrous before, good luck
                      You don't want lower compression with nitrous, more the better.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i cant wait to see the end result, it sounds like a fun project...best of luck man!
                        1999 White Pontiac
                        A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23
                          yea boosted cars lower compression, nitrous likes as much compression as you can run safely. :)

So Floyd, when does your car go under the knife for parting? ;)

Comment

97rs4life, good luck to you on your project. sounds like youve got a nice plan as far as making some nice power. although my project is not to that extreme i hope to render some pretty intense results for what i am doing.

we shall see.

good luck to you though!

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
                              97rs4life, good luck to you on your project. sounds like youve got a nice plan as far as making some nice power. although my project is not to that extreme i hope to render some pretty intense results for what i am doing.

we shall see.

good luck to you though!
                              thanks.

Just ordered the double roller timing chain and cometic gaskets today as well, so those can be marked off the order list :)

a couple more things and the engine stuff is good to go. Then I need to get the TC yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X