Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project 11secV6 underway

Originally posted by RadRacer
    Looking good man. May I ask why you went with the .052 gaskets, instead of the .045? I mean, the more compression, the better for N/A and spray, right? ZZP has the .045s. And I have a feeling 36#'s may not be enough. Either that, or get a FMU. Is this a track only car, or is it driven often? Who's tuning it? With decent tires, I'm sure you'll hit 11's no problem. Hell, strip that thing down, and 10's may be possible (I dream big :D)
    I went with .052" because they are 4layer instead of the 3layer gasket. .052 is the lowest you can go and still get 4 layers. The 3layer gaskets have had problems on our cars and so people always suggest 4 layer. If I was staying NA only then the .045 3 layer ones would have been good. But with the nitrous there is going to be more pressure there and I don't want to be replacing head gaskets later on.

The nitrous is a dry/wet combo. I think the 36# injectors will be fine as only the dry shot would be requiring more fuel. Plus I can make the wet shot richer and therefore help out the injectors as well. ;)

The car is not a track only car. I do have another DD vehicle but I like to drive the camaro around as well. So no gutting this car out or taking off any safety items. It is going to stay how it appears other than the rear seat delete. Maybe a few small hidden things taken out to lighten it up but to the naked eye nobody would know.

I will be tuning it like I have been with hptuners. Probaby have Dan and Gary help out on the tune though as they are wiz's with the program and know some hidden areas to unlock more power.

Tires, yea I can get tires anytime. Family owns a shop so those can be brought in on any of the tire trucks daily. :)
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Guess what...no more stock bottom end for this car. Just bought a race ready built up 3.8l shortblock from Abbott Racing out of TX. Oh boy :) Should help me safely hit 11s. :p

Here is the new engine setup I will be running this summer:

Abbott Racing Stage 3 heads
      Abbott NA Cam (210/220 @ .050 .512 intake/ .512exhaust 112 lobe separation)
      Holden VS intakes (lower ported to match heads) from Australia
      MLS cometic head gaskets (.052" 4layer)
      align boring the mains with new main studs
      turning the crank
      torque plate honing the cylinders
      L36 rods with beams polished
      ARP rod bolts
      COMPcams OE-R lifters
      CP pistons (high compression, around 10:3)
      new ring set with steel top rings to handle BIG shots of nitrous :D
      new rod/main/cam bearings
      the balance shaft hole is blocked, and assembled
      Double Roller Timing Chain
      ARP head studs
      Last edited by 97rs4life; 01-29-2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a great setup, are you doing any other suspension mods?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
          Sounds like a great setup, are you doing any other suspension mods?
          Not unless I find a cheap used tubular kmember. I tried contacting James for his PAracing one but he is ignoring my PMs or something. He never responds to them.

What other suspension mods you thinking of?

Comment

why not L32 rods?

or is that how it comes built? either way not a big deal i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              why not L32 rods?
              heavier, and car is not boosted, so no need for it. Lance had these in his drag car as well and had no problems. Intense and zzp both run l36 right now in their test cars

Comment

yea, they arent really necessary here.

rockers? maybe some 1.7, even 1.8's?

Comment

yea, they arent really necessary here.

rockers? maybe some 1.7, even 1.8's?
                  staying with 1.6s. Maybe a bigger cam later on down the road, but we'll see.

Comment

even if your going to stay 1.6 consider going lighter and roller tip, the stockers are monsters.

Comment

otherwise, id say you have a damn good setup, did i sell you my elec W/P? cant remember.

also whats the A/C status?

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        Not unless I find a cheap used tubular kmember. I tried contacting James for his PAracing one but he is ignoring my PMs or something. He never responds to them.

What other suspension mods you thinking of?
                        DEf. a tubular K or UMI tunnel mount torque arm. Don't get me started on PA racing.LOL. But their K member is nice. Maybe UMI will have theirs out or a BMR K member. If your going to do the K member I would suggest the lower A arms as well. I know going with a tublar K , A arms upper/lower and a fiberglass hood it really lighten the front end. The UMI torque arm really plants the rear down. I think I got the best deal on a K member from UDLOSE98, what was the final price $240 shipped. Thanks again UDLOSE98.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

no problem, and i can attest to the quality of that K member, wow

Comment

otherwise, id say you have a damn good setup, did i sell you my elec W/P? cant remember.

also whats the A/C status?
                            paid ya, but then it was never removed and sent out or whatever so you refunded my money for it. I bought something else from ya but cannot remember the other item.

Yea UMI has put their 3.8l kmember R&D on hold due to being so busy with other orders and projects. I have been talking to them about it. James has a tubular on his car that he talked about parting out after he moved which he never gets back to me on.

I will see how the car launches first before grabbing a TA. It will come later on down the road, but I have other things I want to buy first.

Comment

Picked up a PI vigilante torque converter yesterday from usd2sing. Should help me get in the powerband sooner :)

Just waiting on Lance over at abbott racing to finish the block and then I will tear into the car and swap the engines out. :D

Comment

painted the heads today and set the valve covers on them to see how it is gonna look. Daddy likey. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X