Project 11secV6 underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project 11secV6 underway

Got the upper and lower intake onto the old engine to see what kind of room I would really need. You can see now how close it is to the cowl. The stock upper intake lid does not fit at all unless the engine gets lowered or if I make a sheetmetal lid out of some aluminum stock. I had to turn the alternator bracket counterclockwise for the intakes to fit, it looks like I can grind our stock bracket enough for it to sit level, but then I have to figure out how to get the coolant holes to line up from the intake to the bracket. Enough talk, here are the pics:

http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

And for those FI lovers out there, check out all those lovely room in front of our engines now for a turbo or sc.

Comment

From the second pic in your first post it looks as if you could easily get away with just bolting on a flat stainless steel sheet metal top. Minimal thickness and strong as hell. Have a camaro or v6 emblem engraved and you would be gold. It's N/A right so you don't need to worry about ungodly amounts of pressure building up.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

yea that is what I am thinking is going to be easiest so far. It is either that or dropping the kmember with a spacer as well. I think a new top would be best. I have enough to worry about trying to figure out how to make the tensioner bracket and coolant fittings work.

Comment

Can you say 20lbs of fun? Oh yea I can, ha. Here are the pics:

Comment

I was able to get all of the nitrous wiring done today for both kits as well as the window switch and switch panel. Just waiting for the engine now really as that is the next thing to do. Also have to fab some things up for the holden intakes but the car is coming along. :)

I am just glad to get the wiring all done as I started all over with the wiring and such as I wanted to upgrade all the wiring to 14ga. wiring instead of the small stuff I was using before.

Comment

Cant wait to see this done
                Nice work:tup:

-Y87
                Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Can't wait to see this project done. You must have some deep pockets to be doing all this. I also hope Abbott has you on their Christmas card list!
                  Last edited by Abaddon; 04-21-2008, 08:31 AM.
                  2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                    Got the upper and lower intake onto the old engine to see what kind of room I would really need. You can see now how close it is to the cowl. The stock upper intake lid does not fit at all unless the engine gets lowered or if I make a sheetmetal lid out of some aluminum stock. I had to turn the alternator bracket counterclockwise for the intakes to fit, it looks like I can grind our stock bracket enough for it to sit level, but then I have to figure out how to get the coolant holes to line up from the intake to the bracket. Enough talk, here are the pics:

Where are you going to relocate the Coil Packs/Coil Tray too?
                    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

coil packs are going to be relocated to the firewall. No biggy.

Comment

i figured as much just though i would ask. Looks great so far. Hows that tensinior bracket fix goin?

Comment

haven't done anything with the bracket yet. Just wanted to get the nitrous wiring all done before digging into the engine again. I have a pretty good idea with what to do with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                            haven't done anything with the bracket yet. Just wanted to get the nitrous wiring all done before digging into the engine again. I have a pretty good idea with what to do with it though.
                            I can understand not wanting to have to many things goin on at one time. Easy to get stuff messed up that way. I was real close to goin in with you on getting those manifolds, but didn't have the time to do it and was also a little tight on money. I am glad to be able to watch how it comes together, maybe i will do this mod in the future depending on how it goes for you. :)

Comment

Im liking what I see so far. Im hoping the clearance issues are solved. Keep us updated.:tup:
                              1995 Pontiac Firebird
                              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I wonder if a direct port nitrous setup is possible on those Holden intakes. Hmmm...
                                sigpic
                                1997 Camaro RS A4
                                2006 Chevy Colorado
                                2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X