Project 11secV6 underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project 11secV6 underway

Hah I hope to have mine done by the first of may and I'm not even doing half the stuff you are. But yeah I'd love to see this on the 1/4, that intake is gonna look so alien under the hood. Definitely sweet though.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      Hah I hope to have mine done by the first of may and I'm not even doing half the stuff you are. But yeah I'd love to see this on the 1/4, that intake is gonna look so alien under the hood. Definitely sweet though.
      you need to bring your car up for the meet and greet we are having may 31st at kensington park. :)
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Hopefully my black one is done.. Cause my silver one has sustained paint damage to the bumper which is ugly and i'm installing a turbo and whatever else in the black one. I will definitely look into it though, not sure where kensington park is but it sounds familiar.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well the time has come. I will be tearing into the stock engine tomorrow and test fitting the holden intakes before I send the lower to abbott's to get ported. I will take some pics, don't worry. ;)

Comment

awesome :rock:

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Your car is going to be insane!

Comment

Tore into it earlier today, found two nice tears in the gasket between the upper and lower intake manifolds. hmmm...interesting find there. lol. So I have most of the sensor wiring all labeled and removed from sensors. Upper intake and tb are off as well as fuel rail and coil packs. The lower is loose in the pics, but the stupid coil bracket is holding it on due to a bolt on the back of the engine being a pain to reach. I am taking a break right now, I will go back out after dinner.

Here are the pics, in the pic of the gasket it is blurry but you can see the two tears. Also in the pic of the upper runners you can see the brown lines where the rip was.

Stay tuned later tonight I will have pics of the holden fitment.

Man I hate the way the engine is so far back, my knees hurt trying to hunch over for long periods, lol.

Comment

I sat on the front bumper.. but then it was my back that was hurting me.
                  Archer
                  MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                  http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

lmao ****, my knees and back hurt. And my neck. I'm thinking about getting a few mousepads to set left and right of the airlid. **** I'll patent somethin that fits over that area to protect your knees. No one bought into my heated floor mat idea. That woulda been awesome a couple months ago. Is that a shiny power steering fluid cap?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

lmao ****, my knees and back hurt. And my neck. I'm thinking about getting a few mousepads to set left and right of the airlid. **** I'll patent somethin that fits over that area to protect your knees. No one bought into my heated floor mat idea. That woulda been awesome a couple months ago. Is that a shiny power steering fluid cap?
                      lol, yes it is one of those shiny ones. :) I have a lot of underhood shiny stuff, just off or not pictures. ;)

Comment

Yeah I definitely like the shiny underhood stuff.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

hmm, ran into some issues with the holden. First is clearance from tensioner assembly and alternator mounts. Then there is only 9" total to the cowl and the VS holden intakes are 9.25" tall. So I need to come up with a way to knock off .25 from the top and also clear the tensioner assembly. Oh the fun of being a trailblazer and trying new things that have never been done. lol. Here are the pics, and the last is of the holden and the issue with clearance by the tensioner

Comment

Dremmel the **** out of it! Looks like you broke some of your plastic elbow thingy too. Hey order me some when you get em too.
                            Last edited by Blizzard242; 03-26-2008, 08:23 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Dremmel the **** out of it!
                              yea but there is a coolant elbow there that needs to connect somehow. You cannot dremel the alt bracket as that hole is right there.

Comment

ack yeah the tensioner assembly.. have fun with that. Get a big enough tap a few fittings and flexible line and get rid of the plastic crap all together. I dunno what I'm talkin about, it's hard to see without seeing it in person. That's just how I am eh.
                                Last edited by Blizzard242; 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X