X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Originally posted by Docta View Post
    New one's a GT35r right?
    Yea, its a godspeed one. knock off garrett, but still a decent turbo.

Comment

what was the size of the original turbo? your car is moooooovvvvvvin!

Comment

The original one was a tob4 T3/4 Hybrid
        .50 ar cold side 54 mm minor
        .63 ar hot side 56 mm minor. T3/4 hybrid

The new is T3.
        .70 a/r cold side 61.5 mm minor
        .84 a/r hot side 68 mm minor

It definitly like to run much less boost and go just as fast if not faster then before. Finally I have a somewhat efficient turbo to suit my engine...lmao Im was running about 2* less spark then before and only 10psi, the datalog showed it was damn near as fast as when I was at 17psi of boost and more timing. The only thing is, untill I get that posi rear end in there, I cant floor it till im going about 30mph because the boost hits that hard that it just spins that one tire....
        Last edited by fasteddi; 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

i'm running a .63 hot .60 cold. i should probably upgrade. are you just running less timing right now for tuning purposes? or did you hafta pull timing?

Comment

I pulled the timing just because of tuning. I may bump it up a tad but not too much. I was getting to the timing threshold before...lol

What size compressor wheel do you have on your turbo???

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
              I pulled the timing just because of tuning. I may bump it up a tad but not too much. I was getting to the timing threshold before...lol

What size compressor wheel do you have on your turbo???
              i couldn't tell you, but its an old Grand national turbo...

Comment

Probly about a 54mm one on the cold side, i would assume.

Comment

The lastest video and probly the last till spring time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMcWn...ature=youtu.be
                  Enjoy!

Comment

So you're using alky injection instead of intercooler?

Did you use an air to air intercooler in the past?

Is the alky better and if it is at what boost did you have it set up?

Comment

I started with a Air to Air last spring.

Then went to alky and the intercooler last season mainly because I was running about 160* and higher intake temps with just the intercool on its own. When the alky was on the car it would have lower then ambient intake temps even under 15-18psi of boost. Loved the intake temps as they were definitly under control.

Now im just running alky injection. No intercooler. I love the alky injection but think I may need to add a intercooler back in just for the fact that the alky isnt the best at lower boost. But over all I sugest alky injection to anyone just because it makes the boost so much safer when hooked up right.

As of now I have the alky set up to start spraying at 6psi and the max(command) boost is 10 psi right now. Intake temps are under control so far. 120* and lower on long pulls to 100mph.

Comment

Very cool. You should get a dyno before you hit the track again.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                          Very cool. You should get a dyno before you hit the track again.

I definitly plan to in the spring.

Im just hoping for 275RWHP and Ill be happy. If any less Ill be depressed..lol:rant: Comparing my trap speeds last year with my weight of the car, I would think that number should be easy to achieve.

Comment

pics of meth injection? my car is so neglected. i keep taking on other peoples projects for extra cash. its really not worth it lol. when im done shaving the doors on this dakota, its time for my vehicles.

Comment

You can see the nozzle placement right above the blow off valve. That then goes to a sileniod which engergizes when the boost is so high. Then that goes to the pump itself(which is on my fender well drivers side) Then i have the hose from the pump into the wndow washer tank which holds the alky.

I acutally dont have as many pic as i thought for just the alky. Im going to straighten out the garage anyways today so ill snap a few pics for ya and link them later.

Comment

When you both that kit did it come with instructions already?

I have a powerdyne on my other bird and I like to do something like that someday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X