Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Fun Fun Fun 0-110mph again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbFKUcoXkw The other day, before I fixed my turbo lag problems.

Now makes full boost before 30mph on a street WOT pull.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
      Fun Fun Fun 0-110mph again.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbFKUcoXkw The other day, before I fixed my turbo lag problems.

Now makes full boost before 30mph on a street WOT pull.

still not fast enough :P, and if i were u i would reuse the stock driver side manifold before that log

that whole setup wont flow much beter then what u have now

Comment

For how fast he made these up and what they cost I had to jump on them. You know I still want some real headers from you this fall/winter. Not logs but the read deal. Because I know you could probly weld them up in your sleep....

The reason I wanted them so fast is so I can stop scraping the ground, im scared to death to go over 100mph anymore affter a close call at 120mph the other day. After this weekends race they will be put on the car.

Comment

Well the car is down for the year. Had a good season. low 13's isnt bad I dont think, and there was probly alot being left on the table.

Thought I blew the car up last night(rings or worse)
          Looks to be either burnt ex valves, guides, LIM/head gasket. But either way its time to tear it down and confirm the problem and move forward.

Car needs alot of work this winter.

IC delete. Just straight meth injection from this point on.

New valve springs

Deshroud the chambers

Trans issues and rear end?? No idea there yet.

Turn the turbo arround and face it so that the charge pipe will only be about 3ft of alluminum and place the BOV and the alky nozzle in there, also run the down pipe back though the firewall area and out by where the existing cat converter was.

Completly wrap all the exhaust with the "titanium" gray kind. Get a turbo blanket.

Delete the HVAC firewall duct

Re-paint all the valve covers, intakes correctly(If I end up keeping the top end)

Larger turbo?? Mabey so as there so cheep. Im not sure though yet, as that may be a bad idea...lmao

That should be about it and who knows how that will go but we will see and in time I hope to have the car on its peak next spring.

Comment

Sorry to hear you blew the engine, but it seems like you got some stuff going for it already. I guess that's a good enough excuse to really beef up that engine. I hope you continue to break grounds with that 3.1.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              Sorry to hear you blew the engine, but it seems like you got some stuff going for it already. I guess that's a good enough excuse to really beef up that engine. I hope you continue to break grounds with that 3.1.
              Yea it suxs. I didnt really blow her up, hopefully. I think its some issues that can be easily fixed but yes I will continue to break ground come next spring when the trans and engine department is in good shape.

Comment

im pretty sure he has burnt ex valves and bad guides if the motor is till good the best options ould be the larger turbo and a new trans/coonverter

Comment

Im ready for a larger turbo dave. What are some links to good ones and also how large is to large for the race track. I still get a little lost when it comes to turbo sizing.

Im ready for the trans/converter also but that will be later in the year. Along with the rear end adjustments. $$$ The most expensive stuff will probly wait till income taxes which are still way before the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                    Im ready for a larger turbo dave. What are some links to good ones and also how large is to large for the race track. I still get a little lost when it comes to turbo sizing.

Im ready for the trans/converter also but that will be later in the year. Along with the rear end adjustments. $$$ The most expensive stuff will probly wait till income taxes which are still way before the spring.
                    it depends is the 3.1 still good? or are u going with a 3.4

i would go with something in the 60-66 mm range for the 3.1 and i would possibly step up to a 70mm for the 3.4

the problem is u have no form of antilag so a 70 would lag a bit

when u swap to a th350 u do have the option for a trans brake which would help out greatly

they do have a 66mm turbo but it has a t3 .48 hotside i would buy that and swap ur .63 hotside on id have to look up the turbine measurements to make sure the turbine wheel is the same size as the turbo u have now so u can swap housings

if not u could take the compressor wheel and housing from the 66 and install it on ur 57mm which would make a pretty badass turbo for ur setup

with all the right parts though i would step up to a t4 turbine side with an ar of .68

so really u need to figure out exactly what ur doing before i can really recomend u a turbo

btw i will buy ur old turbo from u when u get a new one this way i have a spare for my tt iroc

Comment

OK dave, Ill let you know how the car is over the weekend and if it is still a heathy motor. Ill swap the head over and re-check comp on that bad side. If it is still 145 or so like before I may just keep the 3.1L just becasue its already there. If not then it looks like I will just go J/Y hunting for a heathy 3.4L.

If I wasent so busy at work I would already of had that done by now..lol

Comment

Let the fun begin

Last edited by fasteddi; 09-19-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

What are the specs on your new turbo?

Comment

gt3582r turbo charger .84ar

Intake :4 inch
                            Outlet: 2.5 inch
                            Compressor trim: .70 ar
                            Compressor Wheel diameter: 61.52 /81.20
                            Turbine wheel diameter : 68.00 /62.32
                            Exhaust trim: .84 ar
                            Turbine flange type: t3 flange
                            Downpipe flange type : 4 bolt downpipe flange
                            Cooling type: oil and water cooled
                            Horsepower rating: 400-600hp
                            ported shroud /anti-surge machining compressor housing

Comment

That's a huge turbo. What are you doing to the engine?

Comment

Well im in the process of doing a slight rebuild on her, im working the heads some more to get them just perfect as they can get for being iron heads, plan to add a TH350 trans with a proper tq converter, and also getting my rear end in shape with a LSD of somesort. A few other little things here and there, but thats the main plan in the next 6 months to get to before next season.

The turbo is bigger but in all honestly the other one I had was a nice but just too small for drag racing. 18psi on that turbo felt the same as 12psi.... lol I am hoping that this new one will give me the power I want or even had before at much lower psi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X