Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Cool. I learn a lot from you posting your build. Looking forward to this.

Comment

ahh one head finally cleaned up a bit, amazing how rough the cast is on the combustion chamber.

Still some detailing to be done but youd be amazed on how steady of a hand you gotta have to get the stuff done right.

Comment

i really wanna pull my heads and port them! i've got way to much stuff going on and just want to drive her sometime soon though! i know your heads were already ported. i bet its a huge help with FI

Comment

thebeewantsboost, buy another set of heads and et those set up.

cake & num nums right there
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

just picked up a 96 camaro with a 3.8. bad headgasket, coolant in oil... with a t5 for 400 bucks... gonna keep the motor and trans. to build part out what i can and scrap the rest! P&P heads in the future!

Comment

Update guys.

I cleaned the new block and painted it up as well as the intakes and such.
              I finished deshrouding the valves and polishing the chambers.
              I shimmed the oil pump a tad.
              I added in my delta cam and corisponding lifters for it.
              I checked the ring gap on all pistons. average of .025 top ring gap plus or minus .005
              I assembled the engine back together the other day.

I am about to pick up a different rear end finally as I got a tip from a friend on on for sale. Its just a 7.625 rear but has a alburn lsd, moser axles, and 3.73 rear end gears. 125 bucks for the rear and he says about 15k miles on the rear parts. Im excited about it as Ive never had posi on my camaro and i know it will help racing let alone the 3.73 gears.

Still alot of work to be done as for the piping of the turbo stuff. Im about sure that I can basically weld everything up before I put the engine back in so that I can bolt those headers down before the install. As they are a complete PITA to do when the heads, or engine is in the car.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Love to see your end result.

Comment

Got the engine in the car again. The charge piping is not the read deal just gives me some ideas of what needs to be done. The exhaust up to the turbo is done though and after a few more parts from ebay I should be able to wrap the exhuast up and get the piping finished off finally, and also the oil lines.

Comment

It runs again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MA0j9_kd5I

Comment

sounds good man, nice build! streetable yet?
                      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Yea its somewhat streetable but needs work for boost. All my other files were tuned for a smaller turbo. I may take it down the street this weekend just to drive it. Tune the idle and part throttle. (Basically tune the unboosted areas)

Comment

She somewhat is on the street. Alot of tuining and kinks to work out before I let her eat though.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOEcufSNAE

Comment

Sweeeet. Definately on my wish list!!

Comment

Making some excellent progress man. Quick question,your manifolds, justa log style?

Comment

Yes the manifolds are just log style headers. Cheep way to make headers I suppose but work much better then the stock stuff...lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X