Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Heres a short vid let me know if the sound works...
    This is the fast pass
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awLA5x2PjzM

Comment

ALRIGHT!!!!

I knew you have a mid-13 sec. car.

Now get your mph over 100 and you have a high 12.

Congrats. Awesome job.

How did you launch it this time? Or did you wait for the weather to get better?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
        ALRIGHT!!!!

I knew you have a mid-13 sec. car.

Now get your mph over 100 and you have a high 12.

Congrats. Awesome job.

How did you launch it this time? Or did you wait for the weather to get better?
        I just lanched as I usually do, but the other day I found a exhaust leak before the turbo, so it was spooling up very slow. Since I fixed the problem this car will light the tires up on dry pavement if you lay into it at 20mph+.

When I made that run above it was like 85 degrees out, 40% humididty, and a good 10mph head wind.

Comment

Heres a few Turboed Thirdgens. That other maui camaro was my inspiration. Project89 on TGO.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9LaVw5-t4

Comment

Ran a 13.36@102Mph this weekend. Hells Yea!

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
              I was running 12psi in that video.

I made it into the 13's last night with 12psi till 70mph and 11psi after that. Best night Ive ever had with that car. I love running those 13's. Heres the proof. 13.70@99.36mph
              What size rear,u using 4 the 1/4?:excited:

-JS

Comment

stock 3.23 I want a 3.73 but cant afford that upgrade at the moment.

Heres a better time slip from this weekend. Ive been trapping 101+mph all weekend.

Comment

I got the alky kit almost finished up and on the car. I just need to add a wire and a LED and were good to go. I hope this works out the way I want it. Mainly as long as my intake temps are low im happy. A safe engine is a happy one.

Comment

Camaro doing its thing, mid 13's over the weekend with the alky.

Comment

Was there a big difference with that?

Comment

Yes there was. Mainly my intake temps are now basically within a few degrees of ambiant temps the who way down the track. I also lowered the boost a tad and ran close to the same times with 2psi less of boost.

The intake temps are now 60 degrees + lower then they were without the alky injection.

This is just a insurence policy to make sure I dont run into detination as that would ruin my day is a second with my cast pistons. In time when I set up the safety better I can tune for the alky for track time only. Hoping for a 12 second pass in the next month or 2. I have just been so busy so its hard to fit time in to tune the car and work on her.

Comment

Just ordered 48lbs injectors and will be ditching the 28lbs ones. Im really hoping that with the alky to keep me somewhat safe, more fueling, that I will be able to make a 15-16psi pull at the track sucessfully and mabey make a 12 sec pass??

If I get that on video that may be one of the fastest "engine code matching thirdgen V6" anywhere, as I've never seen a 12 sec 82-92 engine matching V6 f-body ever.

Comment

Log headers! Much better then the J/Y style I have at the moment.

Comment

Did you fab that?

Have you ever looked into Fiero's manifolds?

Comment

I wish. I afriend of mine modded then up. They look good I think, much better then the stockers and this will allow me to run all the exhaust above the K-member. So less piping=better spool up, and also no more chance of scraping the exhuast on bumpy roads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X