Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Hell yeah man. I'm planning out my kit right now, just seeing how you made your. Do you have any close up pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
      Hell yeah man. I'm planning out my kit right now, just seeing how you made your. Do you have any close up pics?
      Just let me know what you want pics of and ill link them up. I have tons of them on the computer.

Comment

Mostly manifolds and collector. I'm not 100% sure how to Fab those up. Did you go from scratch, or use mounts from old manifolds? How'd you make 'em?

Comment

I had a friend make the primarys and tubes then I made the rest including the x over. I will link some good pics and such after work today for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            Mostly manifolds and collector. I'm not 100% sure how to Fab those up. Did you go from scratch, or use mounts from old manifolds? How'd you make 'em?
            Ok heres a bunch in no particular order. If you have q's ask away.

P-side

P-side

Its a mess but heres the x over

D-side

Comment

Complete pic

Headers

Comment

I hope some of theses pics help. I add another post when i find out some specs that I had for them, such as the lengths and such of the pipes.

Comment

So you made your driver side run under, and flange up to the passenger side? And to the turbo from there?

Comment

Yes drivers side header flanged to the x over pipe, then flanged to the pass side header, then out to the turbo.

Comment

Don't have any issues with the flow from the passenger side fighting against the other side? Just made my kit eat easier man. Factory driver manifold, fwd crossover pipe modified, mildly modified passenger side manifold into the turbo... this could work!

Comment

No I havent had any issues. This thing spools up fast, very fast so the flow must be ok. Its not as good as real headers but it does work. If I floor it with in 1 second its fully boosted.

Yea some ppl do use a factory side drivers manifold and just make the log header on the pass side, with a modded up x over from one to the other.

Comment

Needs work still but its good enough to keep me happy while it sits in the grage for the winter. Lots of little stuff needs worked out before spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-KIZTCX4tE street video. 10psi tease

Comment

That's faster than before. How did you get your gauge readings up on the screen like that?

Comment

Its called racerender.

Its free software that you can mix the datalogg and the video together. Its pretty sweet stuff.

The car does boost up much faster. Its actaully alot less boost now, 10psi (new turbo) and feels just the same as 16-17psi(old turbo)

Comment

New one's a GT35r right?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X