Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Went 13.03 tonight. Ill upload some pics and vids tommorow. Strong car and damm did it feel fast.

Comment

car 191

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMKk4IOOhq8

13.03 best run

Comment

Wow, you're really doing it. You even beat a muscle car.

It looks like you're going to be in the 12 this season. Good Luck bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Wow, you're really doing it. You even beat a muscle car.

It looks like you're going to be in the 12 this season. Good Luck bro.
          he will be well into the 12's

his other run was 13.1@ 85 mph cause he was on the brakes hard
          had he not hit the brakes car would have went 12.80-12.90 @ 107ish and as far as i know the engine is still on a very soft tune up

with some more fine tuning his car will go 12.50's all day long when hes points racing, and bottom 12's when he can use the antilag system for launching

if he puts the boost back up near the 18psi mark car should run into the 11's, put a 66mm on that car and it will flat out haul ***
          Last edited by project89; 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Yea the tune is pretty soft and sloppy right now. Afrs are rich from 11.1 up to 11.8 so its not the smoothest right now. Timing at about 22* at the 11.8psi it was running at.

That last pass was a 12 second pass. I really didnt intend on sand bag on that race, i just didnt know how it was going to run. It was quite cooler then the day time. About 20* which leaned it out a few points=faster.

Dave I cant believe the difference last year with this set up. less then 12 psi and it runs like this??? Last year 18 psi wouldnt even come close.

I did get hoosier 28x10 slicks over the weekend. Theyll be mounted this weekend hopefully for the race. Im not sure if thats too much tire but they were from a friend who only made a half a season on them. Also I cant afford a new set. They may slow me down a tad, but might also help the turbo boost up apon launch better. Well see.

Comment

Heres the slip where I know it was a 12 second pass. If i would have just locked up the front tires i might have won because my RT was amazing. .001

Heres a good V6 turbo pic coming out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                Yea the tune is pretty soft and sloppy right now. Afrs are rich from 11.1 up to 11.8 so its not the smoothest right now. Timing at about 22* at the 11.8psi it was running at.

That last pass was a 12 second pass. I really didnt intend on sand bag on that race, i just didnt know how it was going to run. It was quite cooler then the day time. About 20* which leaned it out a few points=faster.

Dave I cant believe the difference last year with this set up. less then 12 psi and it runs like this??? Last year 18 psi wouldnt even come close.

I did get hoosier 28x10 slicks over the weekend. Theyll be mounted this weekend hopefully for the race. Im not sure if thats too much tire but they were from a friend who only made a half a season on them. Also I cant afford a new set. They may slow me down a tad, but might also help the turbo boost up apon launch better. Well see.

i told u that turbo would make a massive difference.
                now u just have to get that 60' to into the 1.7's and u will flat out haul

the 28x10 may or may not hurt u , the larger tire will let u launch harder without spinning. if u try to launch it the way u are now with the bigger tire it may slow down just a tad

be prepared to bust out the bfh and beat in the inner wheel well and bump stop area and the inner fender on the bottom closest to the rear of the doors

if u dont the tire will rub and get cut, lol my first set of 10's got sliced by the inner fender , they cleared while in a stright line but the tire moves around a bunch when u turn and thats when it rubbed

best thing i can tell u is to pick up a lighter rim for the new slicks to offset the wieght difference between the old vs new tires
                and whatever u do dont put skinnys on the front while they would make the car faster the skinnys on the front will not hold when ur footbraking on the line.

dont go much more then 22* timing even at low boost right around 22/23* is were these engines make most power, it wont detonate even at 25* but going past the 22/23 wont make any more power

u do have a drive shaft loop in the car right ? if not i suggest u dont race till u have one properly installed , ive seen a driveshaft come threw the floor of a car and break somones arm , not to mention ruin the entire floorpan of a car

Comment

i also forgot to tell u to instead of foot braking in the burnout box , use the 2 step/antilag after u roll threw the water box

#1 roll threw water
                  #2 footbrake the car like ur on the line ready to launch with the 2 step/antilag active
                  #3 soon as boost comes up release the antilag/foot brake and let the car do a burnout to the line

doing it this way will keep the rear brakes from heating up and will give u much more holding power once ur staged

u may not be able to use the 2 step on the line but they should allow u to use it in the burnout box

Comment

Yes I do have a driveshaft loop on it. I got teched for it in the first race this year at a different track. I had the thing just didnt put it on. But its on now.

Are you saying with the larger tires i should launch at lower rpms?? Or higher? Right now im launching at 2650 rpms roughly. 1.5psi is there at the line and 5psi is there by the time the trans flashes at 3200rpms.

Comment

Ok on the burn outs. Ill try that.

Last weekend I was rolling up to the water box. once i was in it i just gave it some gas to get the slicks clean and wet. Then when ready i just slighly gave it gass till i could manually get it into 2nd then let off the brake all the way. I was doing a good job at keeping those brakes cool. I could of held it at higher rpms probly if i wanted to.

I felt like i was about to hit a official when i was coming out of the box. Damm car loves to go sideways when coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                        Yes I do have a driveshaft loop on it. I got teched for it in the first race this year at a different track. I had the thing just didnt put it on. But its on now.

Are you saying with the larger tires i should launch at lower rpms?? Or higher? Right now im launching at 2650 rpms roughly. 1.5psi is there at the line and 5psi is there by the time the trans flashes at 3200rpms.
                        launch with more rpm/boost once u get the bigger slicks

one rotation of the tires in the water is good , any more then that and u just splash water up in the wheel wells which then just drips down on the tires at the line

Comment

good job man. i'm jealous

Comment

Thanks man.

Heres the vid of the time I slammed on the brakes and still broke out(went to fast) if you look at it on a big screen you can see me dump it and the assss end of the car rise up...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtaDnCvD5ak

Comment

Finally Finally!!! Got in some 12 second passes.

Ran a best of 12.90@104mph with a 60foot time of 1.788 on 12.5psi of boost

Such a happy owner right now. Hard work payed off in the end!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szknh...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X