Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Im at 11psi right now. I bumped it up to 12.5 the other day but I saved that bin/chip for the rtack only

Comment

Got some time to tune this morning after work. I found out that I was leaking vac. at the connection at the MAP sensor, not much but my inches of vac went from 13.10" to 13.88" of vac. Who knows how long thats been like that.

I think I have got a tune that will make it down the track when I go in 2 weeks. Its not the most powerful tune but it works well, and will give me a base tune for the track. Thank god I finally got the tuning back on track after the other day when it was basically junk!

Heres some of the stats off G-tech and Tunerpro. Street start 1/4 mile(slow launch)

Command PSI is 10.88Psi. WG Duty Cycle is conservitive to stop the boost spiking..

G-tech results 0-60mph @6.19 sec
      1/4 mile=14.75@100.0Mph

Tunerpro stats 0-60Mph@6.33 sec
      0-70Mph@8.03 sec
      0-80Mph@9.93 sec
      0-90Mph@12.18 sec
      0-95Mph@13.85 sec
      0-99Mph@15.02 sec

There was a light KR 1* or less for a few clicks but that went away so fast I really didnt see it and it was when it shifted through the gears.

AFR is almost all in the upper 11's
      One thing I did notice is its shifting higher then N/A form. Shifted from 2nd to 3rd gear at 5775 Rpms. But it sounded like it liked to be reved?

And the fact that I can run mid to low second 0-60Mph times on the lap top over and over is just awsome. What was stock...a slow 10 seconds!
      Last edited by fasteddi; 03-30-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Heres a video of another 1/4 mile run after the data on the last post. This time it went a little faster and basically no KR. .2* max of retart for 4 rows of the whole log.

Still 10.88 Commanded PSI.

And I really hope that a 14 second 1/4 mile will come out of this conservitive tune on April 14th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qrFq...ature=youtu.be
        Last edited by fasteddi; 03-30-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah, stock is about 9-10 sec.

I left you a comment on your channel there. To me your V6 went faster on the 0-60mph before and you reached 80mph a lot sooner too. I could be wrong.

That Gtech is so wrong. At a 100mph you could very well be at mid to high 13 sec. and not high 14.

Looking forward to your track times. Are you going to run with your stock tires?

Comment

Yea the G-tech is probly off but somewhat right since the launch is what is killing the 1/4 mile times. Also the speed on g-tech is the end speed, and at the track its the trap speed which is the average over the last 33feet(iirc) So the speed at the track might be a bit lower..95-97Mph. But I am so excited to race it.

I have decreased timing a hair on the lauch RPMs to, help the turbo spool faster and also to get a launch without a burnout. Also I was running 10.88psi and In the prior runs I usually was running 11.88Psi so that probly has something to do with the 0-60 and 0-80mph times also. 1Psi is a good 5-8Hp I would think.

I do have some slicks but still no rims and after getting a new fuel pump and a few other things Im sorta broke right now. So I plan to give the street tires a shot at the track.

Comment

Well I think my tq converter is starting to give....jezz one thing after another. Im going to pick up a 2500-2800rpm stall coverter tommorow. Wish me luck!

Comment

Converter is ordered. Its not the best of stall convt. But you'd be amazed that almost every company that re-fabs converters do NOT make one for a 60* thirdgen car or a s-10 with a 60*. Unless you wana pay $600 bucks!! Which I definitly can't!

Comment

Tq converter will definately improve you time. What kind did you get?

I know that they made aftermarket converters for 2.8 V6 in an S10.

Comment

Its not the best but its a Street King HD 2450-2800rpm stall conv. Stock was 1600 stall so its a big step up on what I did have. Some other companies make converters but they are so exspencive($600 ones) Its a replacement for a s-10 as I cant fine any for a camaro, but this one does have all the correct dimentions and such.

Comment

Pretty lil thing. What a PITA to get out!!

Comment

i replaced a t5 in a 3rd gen and it was the easiest tranny swap ever

Comment

LOL its not too bad taking out the tranny, its just you have to take so much crap off. And those top 2 bolts on the tranny are a pain. Also this is the first time I took off a auto tranny by myself. Im still new at some things.

Comment

Well the converter is a sucess! I love it so far. Flashes to about 2800-2875 on wot from a stand still and you can definitly tell as the car like to do massive burnouts if I get to high on the launch. But I did record a little on the laptop. I have a little KR but its not much of anything and I will get rid of it asap.

0-30mph times of 1.45 seconds on that first pull. Thats amazing. And I launched @ about 2000rpms and used the ebrake to help me not spin the tires.

Seriously though, 0-30mph in 1.50 seconds or less, that seems unreal. I just hope that power stays thoughout the 1/4 mile come next weekend.

Comment

Heres a 0-30mph launch hard to not spin with the new converter.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS7tvu-Eu3I

And a 75% pull 45-85 Not to fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMykGNtnkCw

I need to replace my tranny mount as its messed up and im almost positive its giving me false KR and im pretty sure draging the tranny on the floor the other day ripped the mount since the x-brace was still on it..opps

But I did get in a nice 0-60Mph time of 5.8 seconds earlier and a 0-100 mph in 14.8 seconds those are new best times for me when using tunerpro datalog. I love the new converter!!

Comment

Can't wait to see your times.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X