Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

i really hope its false knock, im waiting for my hptuners cable to be mailed back to me. so i can dump some race gas in her.. how much boost do u think you're gonna run?? with that compression i think i'd really bump it up.. i could see it gettin pretty big power.

Comment

Now its at 10psi, but I have ran 12psi on a few occasions.

Id like to push it to 14-15psi at the track, but my injectors are limiting me to about 280Hp so im not sure how much boost they can handle.

Im able to meter in as many psi(30) as i want with my 3 bar map sensor, but i just get a little scared running too much boost.....

Comment

i dont' know anything about that motor, as far as what the weakest link is.... but pistons should be able to handle a ton with that compression ratio... don't know about the rest of the rotating assembly tho... or the drive train.... are u t5 or auto?

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
          i dont' know anything about that motor, as far as what the weakest link is.... but pistons should be able to handle a ton with that compression ratio... don't know about the rest of the rotating assembly tho... or the drive train.... are u t5 or auto?
          Auto 700R4 also called 4L60 the weakest link as im told if I tune it good and there is no knock, is the drivetrain. Its the same one in the z28's and such, but those cars only had about 235Hp and I know I might not have that much Hp, but id bet i have alot alot of torq!!
          Last edited by fasteddi; 03-12-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

are those 4 speeds?

Comment

It should be 4 speed.

Comment

yea 4speed there really called a 4l60 so just like a newer camaro that has a 4l60e mines just not controled elecrtonically, only thing electronic is the TCC lockup

Comment

4l60 from what I heard are pretty strong tranny. Both Cyclone and Typhoon have them and the Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    4l60 from what I heard are pretty strong tranny. Both Cyclone and Typhoon have them and the Vette.

I hope so, well see when it hits the track if it wants to gernade or not.

I did fry my stock fuel pump the other days the cars out of commision for the time being till a new walbro 255 gets here

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                      I hope so, well see when it hits the track if it wants to gernade or not.

I did fry my stock fuel pump the other days the cars out of commision for the time being till a new walbro 255 gets here
                      Sorry to hear that, but it is a good excuse to upgrade your pump.

Are planning on doing a cut on the top like I did to my other Bird or are you planning on dropping the tank?

Comment

Yea it is a good reason to upgrade. Im sure those stock V6 pumps dont flow alot of LPH.

I am making a trap door for the tank. Dropping the tank takes forever on these freaking cars...LOL

Heres a few pics.

I havent got the new pump yet so hopefully I get the car back up and running on monday or tuesday.

The pump was so shot that when you would press the shrader valve, it would barly trickle out...LOL I think I killed that pump bad.

Comment

have you done at least a shift kit/shift improver to the tranny? also what is state of the current u-joints ( seen a drive shaft come off at track in the wet box)

whatcha gonna use to keep the trap for inplace?

good project, keep it up :tup:
                          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                          94 comero 3.4

Comment

I just put new HD u-joints in last month, it has a shift improver kit(but its just a improver kit) not a real shift kit.

There will be rivets holding down the 1/8 stainless panel with 3M weather stripping to hold the seal.(dont wana blow my self up with screws possible poking the tank in a crash) Walbro going in the tank.
                            Last edited by fasteddi; 03-17-2012, 10:25 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

Since I cant play with the car, still waiting on that fuel pump.

I decided to grind down my charge pipe and smooth down the crappy welds i made. Also removed the EGR system. Made some 1/2 " EGR block off plates. And repainted the piping.

Honestly does this look ok? Or does it look hillbilish???

Actually the IAC bung that I used a nut to make, turned out nice, and you can barly see the welds that is about 2 inches from the IAC twards the TB

Comment

It looks better than stock to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X