That's awesome. Congrats!!

Comment

• Re: Turbo time....

Thanks fellas!

Heres a little vid I tossed together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA1nuRs55Kg

Comment

Great video. So how exactly does that anti-lag work?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              Great video. So how exactly does that anti-lag work?
              antilag basically drops spark and retards the ignition timing allowing raw fuel into the headers. when the next cyl fires witht he retarded timing it lights the mixture when the ex valve is open allowing the air/fuel inside the header to be ignited. this causes extreme heat and presure inside the header/turbine housing spinning the turbo up almost instantly

for ppl who cant build boost who are footbraking this system can knock anywere from .3 to .750 off ur et depending on how slow the turbo would normally take to make full boost after launching the car, as long as the car will hook when launching with full boost

Comment

IIRC im at 12+ psi(higher because of the slight spike) of boost by the time im going 8-10mph on a race. Basically about .5 seconds after the car moves. So the anti lag should help me but id be willing to bet not much since I can only hold so much. Foot brakeing the start I build 1-2psi at 2700rpms currently.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                  IIRC im at 12+ psi(higher because of the slight spike) of boost by the time im going 8-10mph on a race. Basically about .5 seconds after the car moves. So the anti lag should help me but id be willing to bet not much since I can only hold so much. Foot brakeing the start I build 1-2psi at 2700rpms currently.

prolly knock a good .3-.4 off from all the extra tq at launch , the more u turn up the boost the more it will help, as it will get u to peak boost alot fater

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Im going to probly make 2 passes this Friday. I just may up the boost a hair to 13ish psi and see if it continues to pick up. Hope fully it does. As fast as its going off the start..... I am starting to worrie about the trans and any slipping that may be coming.

Comment

Got in a 12.88 this morning at the track. With a 1.76 60 foot time. Car sure feels fast and strong mainly off the line. Not bad for a turbo car.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great Job!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully I can dial in a little more of a tune and get a lower et. I dont think my rear end is going to like much lower then a 1.70 60 foot time if i can ever get that.

Comment

I have 1.62 60' times. I don't think it will last very long with those. It you get it to 60 the low ET's will follow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Very nice. How much boost did you run? Congrats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X