Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

Im still running 12.5 psi of boost. So its not to high. I dont plan on turning it up. Id just like to play with the tune a tad as its still rich down track. The afrs are about 10.9-11.2. Id like to see 11.5 and see if it picks up.

1.62 60 ft times?? That gotta be a fun rush off the line.

The rear end has alot of good parts in it but im sure that the old 10 bolt still wont like lower 60s. Sure dont wana break that right now... Unless I use the antilag or up the boost I dont see those 60's getting any lower then they are now.

Comment

Got the passanger header made up today. I still need to get the flange on there but the center to center for the ex ports are dot on and level. There was alot of grinding here but they are sealed up tight and look ok. Will look better with ex wrap though...lol But compared to log style headers these puppys will flow a ton better at those higher rpms.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by fasteddi; 10-13-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Making some more progress on the pass header, the merge, and such. Still a long ways to go and lots of fabbing but its getting there.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well im into a hybrid 3.1l/3400 build currently on the Camaro. I will be honest Im tired of the old boat anchor iron heads.

I have all the parts I need and have been working on it here and there. I just need to have the 3.1L bored and honed out, get some pistons/rings and hang them. I still need custom length push-rods. I also need to start working the DIS conversion. The wiring looks pretty straight forward so hopefully I can get this whole combo done by spring or early summer in time to hit up the track.

I don't think that wanting to make some 12 flat passes is unobtainable once I dial in the tune and get the trans in order. To be honest I really am aiming for any 11 second passes regardless if its a 11.99 or a 11.70 but my goal is just to knock off .5 seconds or so off my best of 12.88 with the iron heads.

Ill update as the progress continues.

Comment

Here is my latest pic of the build. Hybrid time! Just awaiting some custom pushrods before i can really get it all in the car and together.
            Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could go turbo but Cali's gay smog laws won't let me :(

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                Here is my latest pic of the build. Hybrid time! Just awaiting some custom pushrods before i can really get it all in the car and together.
                Looks mean!! I'm hoping to get my turbo 3500 to the track soon. Good luck with the build.

Comment

Thanks!

Im just waiting on a reluctor wheel as the one i made was a fail and did not work as i wanted. But after that this car should be running and ready to tune and tweak. Latest pics including the ring im waiting on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
                    I wish I could go turbo but Cali's gay smog laws won't let me :(
                    Go with Supercharger. It's easier to remove and return your car back to stock.

The only problem though is that you can only do soft tune, instead of tuning it properly with HPT, because the smog shop will pick that up that you've tampered with the computer.

California SUCKS big time.

Comment

That intake isn't that from Alero?

Comment

Thanks!

Im just waiting on a reluctor wheel as the one i made was a fail and did not work as i wanted. But after that this car should be running and ready to tune and tweak. Latest pics including the ring im waiting on.
                        I used this one on my 3500. Works great! http://britishcarconversions.com/com...category_id=28

Comment

Basically what I got now. Works great and finally started it up the other day with open headers.

Got somethings to do still but its on its way.

All the 3400 parts are from a 2002 impala that i had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWnK-Escmp0

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                            Go with Supercharger. It's easier to remove and return your car back to stock.

The only problem though is that you can only do soft tune, instead of tuning it properly with HPT, because the smog shop will pick that up that you've tampered with the computer.

California SUCKS big time.
                            Thankfully im in ohio. I love turbos much better then superchargers but thats just because im familiar with them. And you can basically bolt it up to any engine so its pretty simple in my mind.

Im running tunerpro on my car. I have HP tuners also but sold the GTP i had that i was tuning.I hated that those HP programs because of the cost....:mad: OBD1 is good on some cars. I love my 7730 and code59.

Comment

So was the intake also from the 2002 Impala?

I'm thinking about switching to that. I really like the look and it probably makes the car breathe better.

Comment

Yea the heads, intakes, valve covers, the DIS ignition, cables...exc are all from the impala.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X