Common Fbody Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Common Fbody Problems

ok im a dum noob but what gears should i run with my a4 im also planning to get a spacer and takin the cat out, also switchin to an aluminum d/s.. is there a resonator ? should i leave it? how do i correct the speedo if i do a gear change? has anyone done the underdrive pulleys r they worth it? any other "small" changes anyone might know lemme know!!! thanx

Comment

hmm, bought my 94' in january, has 160,000 miles, engine has 87,000 1st owner ran it without oil or something stupid, not the cars fault. But,
      Replaced:
      engine
      all brake components
      tires
      battery
      sway bar links
      plugs wires
      entire exhaust
      + some mods

And all this equals a nice first car, although, a new tranny is in the woodwork about to come out.

Comment

Well i bought my `01 camaro n `06 wit 56k n have since turned over 183k. Parts replaced since ownership began:

2 dr. side window motors
        egr valve
        crankshaft positioning sensor
        coil pack (all 3)
        fuel pump
        spark plugs n wires
        ac has been out 4, well i can't remember now

All n all my camaro has been a good car seein as how its seen over 100 mph prob 2 many times. I even remember runnin over 100 drivin 2 dallas n thats a 4 hr drive. Of course there were the occassional slow downs due 2 traffic n i wuz also followin another camaro.:) Ahhh, da good ol days, anyway, laters!
        Last edited by bowtiepride; 03-25-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I got my 98 Camaro back in '06 with about 78k miles on it. The first car I bought with my $$$ :excited: She's been good to me when I think about it only had to replace:

-Ignition coil
          -ICM
          -Battery
          -ECM replaced
          + regular maintenance here and there
          + a few mods

She has about 97k right now but I cant complain after reading what everybody else put up with. Whoa.
          Last edited by Cammy98; 05-06-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Newb here. I've had my 1996 Bird with 110k on her and bought her back in October of '08. I have replaced the drivers window switch, plug wires, and antifreeze. She currently still needs new exhaust, new window motors, battery, rear brakes, basic maintenance, and a few other things I can't think of right now. She runs like a bat outta hell but the previous owner didn't take too good of care of her. He rebuilt the motor but left out a few bolts, didn't tighten down a few bolts, and only had straight water in the radiator so I found out one really cold day. Luckily I didn't blow a gasket. Also, he did a terrible job on the exhaust. It's probably the most annoying thing about the car so far to me, besides my window not wanting to roll all the way down if the move at all...lol! But, I'll have her perfect all in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
              I got my 98 Camaro back in '06 with about 78k miles on it. The first car I bought with my $$$ :excited: She's been good to me when I think about it only had to replace:

-Ignition coil
              -ICM
              -Battery (about a week ago)
              -Fuel Injectors?? (Problem right now im trying to figure out )
              + regular maintenance here and there

She has about 97k right now but I cant complain after reading what everybody else put. Whoa.

I found out through a friend of mine that the injectors are cylinder specific. So that may be your problem if you have already replaced them and started having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by farawaystare View Post
                I found out through a friend of mine that the injectors are cylinder specific. So that may be your problem if you have already replaced them and started having issues.
                what?

im not really a FI type of person, but i have never heard this before

all fuel injectors should be the exact same

Comment

Bought my '96 with 20k back in '00.

Currently has 177k and still runs strong. Only major problem was the gasket between the lower and upper intake blew, but an afternoon and that was fixed.

Only real problem I ever has was that the elec. mirror switch would quit sometimes when rain would get in there, but I fixed that with liquid electrical tape across the board.

This car's always fit like a glove and done whatever I needed it to do, so it's been a great 9 years with her.

The only thing I'm sure of is that with SFI they operate at specific times, but I don't think injectors have specific cylinders that they go to. May be wrong, but haven't heard of that.

Comment

I was thinking that too. I was at the auto part store asking for injector prices and they are all the same right? I mean they dont manufacture a specific fuel injector for cylinder 1-6 do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
                      I was thinking that too. I was at the auto part store asking for injector prices and they are all the same right? I mean they dont manufacture a specific fuel injector for cylinder 1-6 do they?
                      no they should all be the same unless there is some crazy bulletin that i didnt know about

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                        no they should all be the same unless there is some crazy bulletin that i didnt know about
                        Oh, you didn't hear?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

its got a firing order but i've never heard of that either
                          Leonard
                          www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                          sigpic

Comment

Injectors are NOT installed onto the fuel rail or intake to any specific point. However, the electrical connections are indeed cylinder specific. Double check your numbers, they should be labeled.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Yah I got that.

I was checking voltage on my injectors today and they are all numbered accordingly to there respective cylinders.

Comment

Hey, Cammy.. have you made a thread in the general tech section? If not, you should. You'd probably get a lot more help in your own thread rather than here.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X