No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So should get everything by the 26th of May, after I’m done shouldn’t need a battery tender anymore.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Found my Db electrical 200 amp alternator, going to have it rebuilt. Still working but the bearings are going out, used it 11 years before the bearing issue, works great. Probably next month, already spent to much this month.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Got the isolator , tried one on my truck, didn’t work. Wouldn’t charge the 2nd battery, so cancelled the other one for the Camaro. Got the Stinger battery, looks great. Waiting to return the isolator Wednesday next week then ordering Stinger 200 amp isolators, might as well go with name brand stuff. Hopefully it works out. Found a place in the Valley to rebuild my 200 amp alternator. Going to mail it back and forth rather than drive it back and forth, that would cost me about $175 compared to $80 mailing it.

Comment

• Got the batteries moved in the Camaro, should work fine. Supposed to get the isolaters tomorrow. Probably do my truck first, still waiting on parts for the Camaro to finish. Started raining so couldn’t do much.

Comment

• Got the Stinger isolators today, look good, got one installed in the truck, works great. For the Camaro won’t be until the 26th, still waiting on parts.

Comment

• Got the parts early , most of it is done. Just need to clean up the wires alittle and connect the isolator 12 volt ignition wire up. Ditched the battery box and did a alm. battery hold down for the Optima battery. Actually bolted it down, not using metal screws, it’s not going to move.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ssms5411; 05-22-2023, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Camaro isn’t starting off the Stinger battery, supposed to be 680 cca. Going to charge it up today see if that’s the problem. If it’s too small going to just go with another Optima yellow top and return the Stinger battery.
                it starts off the Optima so probably just get another Optima.
                Amazon won’t let me return it so just going to switch the power wires on the isolator and put the charging wire from the alternator on the Stinger battery and have the Optma battery as the auxiliary battery with the starter wire on it. Will see.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 05-23-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Found the problem, new battery terminals aren’t conducting power or ground.lol Ordered some more. Going to the original plan , the Stinger battery might work to start it.
                  I’d stay away from the EBay marine battery terminals, I have 3 sets of the them on my other batteries and no problems. Bought these from a different seller , and more expensive. Once I get the new brass terminals and know for sure I’m contacting the seller to get my money back. I like the marine coating black and red but the new ones I got are crap. Should get the brass ones Friday or Saturday.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 05-23-2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• How difficult was it putting your battery to the back? It looks good though the way you have it set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                      How difficult was it putting your battery to the back? It looks good though the way you have it set up.
                      Thanks, not that bad , did the positive post in the engine, already had 1 gauge wire ran for the stereo and fuse. Then just get the battery tray and battery mounted, Grounded a -2 gauge ground to the hatch ground and good to go. Still started fine if I had to do it over, use 0 gauge and a circuit breaker. If I didn’t have the draw one battery would be fine.

Comment

• Found some terminals at the hardware store that would work. They worked perfectly, started right up. Isolator is working fine now 14.3 volts charging on each battery. I’m happy. Still cool in the morning and evening, after I clean up the mess, planning on doing some tuning. Already left feedback on the eBay seller so sent them a email telling them their terminals are junk.

oh another thing it might have solved is the cold start problem where I have to give it gas on first start up. I’ll see tomorrow, I’ll be extremely happy if it fixes it.
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 05-24-2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Started right up this morning, didn’t have to give it gas. So cold start problem fixed. Did 10 minutes with the ignition on, listening to music, started back up. I’m happy with it. The eBay seller for the terminals responded, wants me to take pictures of the terminals and send it to him. Hopefully I can get my money back. Also the listing was for brass terminals and sent me alm. Ones.
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 05-25-2023, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Cold start problem still there, the eBay seller offered me 15% off, told them I wanted a refund. Will see.Have this next week , Monday through Thursday to take out the Camaro for tuning, hope to get part throttle and WOT dialed in. Won’t have to move vehicles around and put them on the street. Should be a excellent time. Been painting the trim on my house and fence. Finally done after 3 weeks.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 05-26-2023, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Its weird, yesterday had to give it gas on startup but today it started fine. I’m just going to keep a eye on it.

Comment

• Sounds like things are going great for your Camaro. Do a video. I would to hear the sound of that turbo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X