My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

Sorry to say it all depends on the help/support I can get for any particular mod.
    Which mods were you looking to do?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Getting closer, I think I can drive it down to the shop to get my tires and down pipe to exhaust routed, no WOT runs yet. Maybe Thursday we got rain today and supposed to be rain tomorrow. Going to call and get a appointment for beginning of April. Their usually a week or 2 backed up.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Take a video. Love to hear how it sounds now.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Take a video. Love to hear how it sounds now.
          I’ll see if my neighbor will take a video of me driving. The turbo spool is loud.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 03-29-2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Got my appointment for April 7th, 8am. Hopefully it makes it there and back up the mountain. Scratch that, no one to watch the puppy, making it for the following week. Have it for the 14th.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 03-30-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Should of mentioned this earlier, but those who install the EBay turbo headers will have to move the power steering res. and on the passenger side header you might need to hammer the heater box back alittle to get the O2 sensor to fit, mine was way off so it was hammered in quite a bit. Don’t know about the EGR since mine is deleted. That’s about all the problems we ran into besides the my GT35R being too tall for the hood, so double check the clearance of your turbo.

Comment

Got some more tuning in today, part throttle is great, probably couple more runs and should be tuned. Still smoking pretty bad from the coated pipes, those who get the kit, don’t coat the pipes just use heat wrap. I did both but the 2000 degrees heat paint is burning off like crazy and it’s cool out and I really haven’t gotten on it hard.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 04-03-2022, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Ran into a problem yesterday, went to start the Camaro and just got a click No start, replaced the battery, Damm voltmeter was messed up showing 8-9 volts even on my truck, so bad voltmeter cost me a battery, still just a single click so ordered a starter. Should get it Monday. In the meantime I’m going to wack the starter to see if it will turn over. If it’s not the starter then having it towed to the shop. Looked at fuses, tried different key, reloaded the tune, checked wires.

Comment

Tapped the starter today, no luck, double checked the starter connectors, will try jumping the wires to see if it clicks to start and check my ground wires tomorrow.

Comment

• Got the starter early today, put it on and still nothing, called a mobile mechanic I know, waiting for him to call back. Disabled Vats and still nothing.

Comment

• So found that the crank fuse isn’t getting power, so might be my aftermarket alarm isn’t letting me get 12 volts to the ignition. Anyone no what color the ignition wire is ? Found the aftermarket alarm module, can’t really get to it to try and find where they splice d the ignition wire , will try again tomorrow.
                        Last edited by ssms5411; 04-09-2022, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• I think I found the problem, bench tested the starter and it’s fine, and it’s getting 12.5 volts but I’m not getting a ground on it so I have a bad ground wire somewhere, checked the main one off the battery, it looks good so need to find the other ones. Anyone know where the other ground wires are?

Comment

• Also to let you guys know eBay intercoolers have a 3-4 psi drop, so only seeing 6 lbs of boost. Either I’ll put my 14ib spring in or use the boost controller, to get 10lbs of boost. Still pretty quick at 6lbs though. The big intercooler is keeping my IATs low like 70-80 degrees so far. Pretty good.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 04-11-2022, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B5B0DFF4-308E-42BE-809E-E42473E19499.jpeg
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1577928 Found the problem, my mobile mechanic did anyway, starter wire, where someone spliced it, wasn’t me didn’t even know it was spliced. Having a hard time trying to find a replacement so I might go ahead and just use my 1/0 gauge wire I have.

Comment

• Who's your mobile mechanic?
                                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X