No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully get some tuning done this weekend. There’s a lot of sheriff deputies out right now, had a woman get ran over and killed a few months back so their patrolling a lot more around here along with highway patrol. Speed limit is 35 mph, in town and about 3 miles out of town is 65 mph. So trying to tune from a stop is hard since I try and hit 3rd gear which 2nd shifts at 76 mph I forget. And 3rd at 6000 rpm’s is 123 mph. Really need a dyno shop, closest is 200 miles away. Will see.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Past couple of months I’ve noticed my coolant low like a couple of cup’s after a month since I check it every month, alittle on the ground. I think it’s leaking on one of coolant turbo lines or at the fittings, will check it out after the holidays. Not in the oil or anything, thankfully.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Checked what I could on top, ordered a new radiator cap, been 10 years so just ruling it out. Found alittle wet around the hose clamps for the turbo lines and heater hose connections. I’ll check more this next week. Also just ordered a dye kit with the light, hopefully I can find it.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 12-30-2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Started it today and was getting a popping sound from underneath the car. Jacked it up and my V band on the far side was loose,could spin it by hand. Got that one tightened and going to do the other 2 to be sure their tight. Also going to shorten my turbo intake a couple of inches since it’s jacked up. Sits pretty low about 4-5 inches from the ground. Just checked the other 2 , they were loose too. Have to put that on my list to check every month.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 01-03-2023, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Well still making a popping sound so will check the turbo headers, only thing I can think of. Talked to my mechanic he also thinks it’s the headers. Will check tomorrow , hopefully the weather is better.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 01-04-2023, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Weather still bad , cold and windy, will try tomorrow.Decided to check the Vband off the passenger side header going to the turbo, alittle loose , tightened it and not getting the popping sound. Still going to jack it up and check the header bolts and wires also pull a couple of spark plugs.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 01-05-2023, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Checked the spark plug wires and what I could, replaced my fuel filter, I use ZZP high flow filters. Up and running again. One of these days I get it out and finish tuning it.

Comment

• Got my coolant dye in and ran it , will check tomorrow to see if I can find the leak. Also set my idle back to 750 from 1000.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 01-10-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• So I can see where it drips on the ground, going to jack it up tomorrow. It’s like mid engine where the coolant is on the ground. Got the dye in it so should find it pretty quick using the UV light I hope it’s not a intake manifold or something major.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-11-2023, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Looked at it today, couldn’t find where it’s dripping from, UV light didn’t show any dye. But at closer look at my turbo coolant lines and one looked like it had been leaking so tightened it and other lines. I’ll see if I continue to leak coolant. Here’s a pic of the leaking line. Oh and the puddle is about where the crank pulley is not mid engine like I thought.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 01-13-2023, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Glad to see you're figuring it out there Steve. It's been raining alot here has it been raining alot in your area.

Comment

• Thanks just trying, adjusted the one clamp today, hopefully it solves the leak. Yeah storm came in last night, rained all night then just foggy all day with clouds. Drivers side window leaked alittle from the wind blowing in the rain onto the vehicles. Hopefully I get the windows adjusted soon. Supposed to get another storm coming in tomorrow. I hope it doesn’t snow, I’ll have to shovel the driveway.lol

Comment

• I think my transmission mount might be loose alittle, getting a vibration at idle since I lowered my idle from the 1000 rpm’s to 750 rpm’s. Doesn’t do it when reving or increased idle.

Comment

• Raised my idle to 900 rpm’s and seems to be doing better, if the weather is better tomorrow I’ll jack it up and check the trans mount and exhaust to make sure it’s not it. I think it’s do to the balance shaft delete but just want to make sure. Will see if I’m still leaking coolant also. Had snow again last night so hopefully sun comes out tomorrow.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 01-20-2023, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Well still leaking coolant, just under the crank. So maybe timing cover or water pump. Added the last of the coolant dye. Maybe try and find it tomorrow. Would be easier if the turbo Y pipe wasn’t in the way.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X