Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Originally posted by 3.4 camaro_rider
    just a quick question... if the air intake is the downside of the 3.4, why not just bolt on the intake from a 2.8 fiero motor. Just as they do in the 3.4 swap for the fieros. thnx
    the tpi setup from fieros and 3rd gens is wayyyy more restrictive than the 3.4 upper.....plus it wont fit under the cowl on a 4th gen
    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

OK. So to do the 3400 swap on the 3.4 (just heads and intake assembly), you are saying that you need the 3400 pistons, as they are dished whereas the 3.4L must be flattops. My question is if you can get by, by doubling the head gaskets, to lessen the compression ratio? That should knock it down enough to use mid-high octane gas and be safe?? Anyone with insight on this/

Comment

the double gasket is NOT enough

Comment

i still want to know if the coolant passage in the area of the head where the head gasket is, is going to cause over heating and meltdown situations in the block...or is the aluminum head going to behave differently

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
            the double gasket is NOT enough

From all my reading and research it's safe to say that the CR will be upwards of 11-12:1...if one was to use the double gaskets go a step colder on plugs maybe, and run 93 octane, with tuning capabilities such as megasquirt etc....couldn't you get away with a high compression motor...or is it more or less no one has really tried therefore no one knows??

Comment

what about the coolant passage...if that don't work nothing will

Comment

Hi there, I plan on doing this top end swap in the summer. Can anyone here who has done this please tell me every single piece I need to do this job? By every piece i mean right down to the smallest screw. I have emailed the guy who started this thread. And he was very helpful with replying, but he hasnt made a list of every single part yet. So if anyone here who has done this please make a list of every single part, that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.:banana:

Comment

good luck with that, go to the store, and buy the book, "ingenuity for dummies" that should be all you need
                  91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! ok you phuckers are completly ignoring the fact that the coolant pasages in the block DO NOT mate up to the cooland passage in the head...now some dumb @ss decided he wanted to post picks of the intake passage...what i want to know about is the god damn mother phucking head gasket...the motors have different gaskets with collant holes in different places

Comment

that would be why you have to use the head gaskets for the cylinder heads you are using

Comment

3.4 - 3400

Aside from one difference right above the bottom corner bolt hole, what is the problem? If the aluminum head does not have a coolant passage in the lower corners you simply use the 3400 gasket as Storm says. And what the hell is your problem anyway?
                        1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

FINALLY...thats the piece of information i was looking for

Comment

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! ok you phuckers are completly ignoring the fact that the coolant pasages in the block DO NOT mate up to the cooland passage in the head...now some dumb @ss decided he wanted to post picks of the intake passage...what i want to know about is the god damn mother phucking head gasket...the motors have different gaskets with collant holes in different places
                            FINALLY...thats the piece of information i was looking for
                            You're welcome, @sshole
                            1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

nightrider, calm down.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

my problem is that i've asked this question befor and every one ignors it...or sends me wrong info...not to mention the fact that most of you's are a bunch of smart *** and have and ego bigger than your car

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X