Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Originally posted by nightrider2
    you phuckers are completly ignoring the fact that the coolant pasages in the block DO NOT mate up to the cooland passage in the head...
    YOU are the one stating incorrect information, and when someone takes their time to provide you the info you can't give a simple thanks. You wonder why people don't bother answering your asinine questions? Find your own answers from now on you inconsiderate prick.
    1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

gotta agree. here dude with funk. to me it seems you could have came up with the information all by yourself. dont expect much help from alot of people since your being such a little baby. it has nothing to do with egos either, so quit your crying.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

lol....the question kinda answered itself for anyone that slowly read throught the entire posts dont ya think?

Comment

fyi on a side/off topic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...QQcmdZViewItem

UP FOR BID IS A USED COMPLETE 3.4L 3400 CHEVY ENGINE. THIS ENGINE RUNS BUT WAS MAKING A LOWER END KNOCK. THE ENGINE CAME OUT OF A 2000 CHEVY VENTURE MINIVAN. THE VAN HAD ONLY 60,000 MILES ON IT. THIS ENGINE COMES WITH EVERY THING YOU SEE IN THE PICTURES. IT IS LOADED. IT HAS ALL THE SENSOR'S, THE COIL PACKS, PLUG WIRES, INTAKE, EXHAUST MANIFOLDS AND CROSSOVER PIPE, FLEX PLATE, BALANCER, WATER PUMP AND SO ON! THIS WOULD BE A GREAT BUY FOR SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A LOT OF PARTS OR ONE TO REBUILD. THIS ITEM IS BEING SOLD AS IS AND HAS NO WARRANTY. THIS ITEM IS FOR PICK UP ONLY. THIS ITEM IS TO BE PAID FOR WITH PAYPAL AT END OF AUCTION ONLY. THIS IS TO INSURE THAT THE ITEM IS IN FACT SOLD. THE ITEM MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 5 DAYS OF AUCTION ENDING. THANKS AND HAPPY BIDDING.

Ends 23 Jan, fwiw
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go
            fyi on a side/off topic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...QQcmdZViewItem

Ends 23 Jan, fwiw
            could be a steal for somebody

lines off the fuel rail look like they would work good,and 99+ has the liner egr which has a port that hooks to a tube easy (clean that liner egr up and sell it to a 3.8 guy)
            Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

well the mini coolant passages where exactly what i was asking about...the 2 holes that are missing...but sence its not a big deal for those heads that also answers my question...and notice i said most of you...and how is what i've said wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by 94maro
                Well a cam will add a lil horse power, but you won't get the full advantage of it unless you get it tuned. And as of right now there really isn't tuning for the 3.4, the only real option you have is a stand-alone system like MegaSquirt.

So what's with the Tunerpro software? Does it not do what you need to do? http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/

Why the switch to a stand alone system over just using the obdI computer?

Comment

does any of the wiring need to be replaced? and since the fuel injectors are changed to bigger ones, do you need to change the fuel pump too?
                  Last edited by some_punk; 01-23-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

i don't belive you do...i think most of the stock wiring just goes to place...but...what about the map/maf sensor...what do u do about that

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
                      no no no...not where the heads and intake bolt together...the coolant pasage betwine the cylnders that go into the head through the block into the heads...next to the valves...it doesn't cross over...theres no place for the coolant in the block to go
                      Just cause this piqued my interest (pronounced peaked) -- you guys do realize that i didnt just post all the information, i have been running a 2000+ 3400 topend setup since 2001. its now 2007 and the car still runs and quite well i might add.

my temp while im idling in the summer never gets above the middle mark, and while driving i rarely see over the first mark on the temp gauge.

there are no problems and this is "almost" a simple bolt-n-go setup, except for the pistons and some small bracketry that has to be fabbed. other than that everything bolted up just fine with no mods (heads went on perfectly, headers no problem, intake no problem)

i am using the stock 1994 3.4L block that came with the car when it was first bought.

and i dont have a step by step right now but i will try to come up with something in the future.

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                      Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                      West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

I've finished collecting all my parts and am going to do this at school soon. The only part that really concerns me is the throttle cables being on the other side. Anybody have any input on this?

Comment

Originally posted by FireShadow
                          I've finished collecting all my parts and am going to do this at school soon. The only part that really concerns me is the throttle cables being on the other side. Anybody have any input on this?
                          I grabbed a throttle cable off a 96 newer vortec truck as that cable is long and comes around the front of motor to the passenger side to pull the tb
                          Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

What about brackets and correct tension and all that? I think the routing of it is my main concern, have you hit that up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FireShadow
                              What about brackets and correct tension and all that? I think the routing of it is my main concern, have you hit that up yet?
                              I don't have the motor in the car yet, so I don't have the fine detail of routing
                              but the cable has the right connection to go on the 3400 throttle cable bracket and hooks up to the camaro gas pedal no problem.

the cruse control cable is plenty long enough to reroute to the front for the 3400 tb

Comment

Originally posted by wolf
                                you'd still need the 3400 piston with the 3400 upper end or you'd end up with a cr in the 12's just like the 3500 parts

you will need custom pushrods if you want to use the 3400's roller rockers, to avoid that you can use the rocker arm studs and pushrods off a gen 2 2.8 or 3.1 and use the gen 2 rocker arms or 93-95 3100 rocker arms(1.6 ratio with built in oil deflectors,I have 'em on my iron heads at the present time)
                                i used rocker arms from a 3400 engine with the roller rockers that come with the 3400 heads.... no issues and i actually have a 212/218 comp cams cam in the car right now.

ecm isnt happy but thats beside the point.

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                                Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                                West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X