Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

thanks nikos95 for the info!! Appreciate it:)

Comment

Originally posted by wolf
      hmm
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=60807
      read my post in that thread(bad spelling and all)
      awesome.

rksport's are ****in $500. thats insane.

all i need is the upper intake, pistons, and headers.:banana:
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

down to pistons and headers :)

and all the misc crap ill need. like gaskets...:(

what gaskets would i want? ones for the 3.4 or the 3400, or mix and match, or are they the same ****?
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
          down to pistons and headers :)

and all the misc crap ill need. like gaskets...:(

what gaskets would i want? ones for the 3.4 or the 3400, or mix and match, or are they the same ****?
          Lol uhh they should be the same.... But you may want to try to get the new exhaust manifold gaskets, otherwise you will have to drill those out too.. Blah blah who really cares...
          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

quick question that Im not completely clear on......... to retain the factory 3400 roller rockers which push rods are used? stock 3.4 or custom push rod?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
              Lol uhh they should be the same.... But you may want to try to get the new exhaust manifold gaskets, otherwise you will have to drill those out too.. Blah blah who really cares...
              i dunno gaskets to me seem like one of the important parts

i guess since the bolt patterns the same the stuff should be the same. (except exhaust.)

man i wish you didnt have to change the pistons. :(

i might not be able to do it till next summer. schools startin, dont have a heated garage. wahh etc.

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
                naturally you'll need the 3400 intake gaskets, head gaskets could be ethier(3400 are thicker than 3.4, I'm going to use the 3.4 head gaskets)
                exhaust gasket, 3400 uses a metal gasket that would probly leak with headers,use exhaust gaskets from a v6 fiero
                Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

http://milzymotorsports.com/

i just found this site, they sell alot of upgraded 3400 parts, just throwing this out there. click on engine performance/3400 and check out the heads and intakes, dunno weather they'll work or not, but im assuming they will.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Is there any way to do this without changing pistons? I'd love to drop in some better flowing heads but cant afford to and have no place to drop the motor. Do the 3100 heads help the compression ratio situation or is it still up in the 12s with those heads too? I could run premium gas, but cant do the rebuild. is there ANY way to do a head swap that would gain decent performance without changing anything under the heads? I heard something once about thicker gaskets to lower compression but i didnt understand it.
                    _dust

Comment

• Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Head gaskets? you could change those out but your looking at most a .1-.2 diff in compression. Not really great enough to alter anything if that's what your going after.
                      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by mtcrss2006
                        Is there any way to do this without changing pistons? I'd love to drop in some better flowing heads but cant afford to and have no place to drop the motor. Do the 3100 heads help the compression ratio situation or is it still up in the 12s with those heads too? I could run premium gas, but cant do the rebuild. is there ANY way to do a head swap that would gain decent performance without changing anything under the heads? I heard something once about thicker gaskets to lower compression but i didnt understand it.
                        _dust
                        you HAVE to use the pistons.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

ok lets regress alittle bit...i've done some of my own reasearce and found that theres a coolant passage in the camaro 3.4 heads that isnt in the 3400 heads, could that cause a problem...that seems to me to be a major issue...the 3100, 3400 and 3500 heads all lack that passage

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2
                            ok lets regress alittle bit...i've done some of my own reasearce and found that theres a coolant passage in the camaro 3.4 heads that isnt in the 3400 heads, could that cause a problem...that seems to me to be a major issue...the 3100, 3400 and 3500 heads all lack that passage
                            3X00 heads do have coolant crossovers.

1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by mtcrss2006
                              Is there any way to do this without changing pistons?

not the best of pics but shows the difference in pistons,left to right, 95 3.4(shallow dish) 04 3400 (deep dish) 94 3.4 dohc (flat top with 4 valve relifes)

also if you look close you'll see my 3400 piston is teflon coated (the 2 by the transmission are, the rest are plain, don't know what year gm started that)
                              Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
                                3X00 heads do have coolant crossovers.

no i mean where it bolts to the head...the bolts are the same but theres a missing coolant passage...check out the 94 3.4 and the 99

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X