Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

kinda...I left all the rockers way loose so i can crank her with the starter to get the oil flowin' then I'll torque em down

Comment

what does the 3500 motor come out of. and if i do this swap to my 3.4, will everything fit perfect and all the sensors plug up?

Comment

this isn't really just a bolt on swap, theres alot more to it to get the 3.4 accessories and what not to go back on

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
          kinda...I left all the rockers way loose so i can crank her with the starter to get the oil flowin' then I'll torque em down

I tried some Gen2 pushrods on my motor, and they are almost right. They are good enought to where I'm going to run them, but it seems they need to be about .010" longer.

I got .037" of lifter travel after zero lash. The Gen3's are closer to .050' (a little much) and .045" seems to be best in most cases.

The only drawback to using them is that at high lift/RPM situations, there won't be as much lift/duration -- BUT --- that's better than the pushrods being on the long side :P

Comment

thanks nightrider2. i have read alot about the 3500 swap, and i think i am going to stay with what i have and just add a bunch of bolt ons. i am actually looking for a set of headers that arent to overlly expensive. if you can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.

Comment

pacesetters, around 230ish

Comment

thanks. can i order them offline, or do u know an individual selling them? i also heard that there was a stock cutout in the 3.4 manifold, and if taking that out, it woud give a 3 horses. is that true.

Comment

Alright so the 3.4 FWD heads and intake manifold bolt right into the 3.4 RWD?

You said you put 3.1 FWD heads on your 3.4...so they must fit, but what about the 3.1 FWD intake manifold? Will that work as well?

Comment

hey thanks guys i knew there was a way. You guys help me out alot in what mods to do next, again thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AHowe0 View Post
                      Alright so the 3.4 FWD heads and intake manifold bolt right into the 3.4 RWD?

You said you put 3.1 FWD heads on your 3.4...so they must fit, but what about the 3.1 FWD intake manifold? Will that work as well?
                      yes but if your going to take the time and spent the money......use 3400 stuff from a 00+ year car....theres no point in using crap

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
                        yes but if your going to take the time and spent the money......use 3400 stuff from a 00+ year car....theres no point in using crap

3400 stuff pre-'00 is good, it's only the 3100's that changed after '00 and became identical to the 3400's on the top ends (with the exception of the 3100/3400 written on the plenums).

Comment

excelllent info on this motor!! thanx dude!!!:banana:

Comment

I just read all 27 pages, my brain hurts! But I learned alot and will have many questions once I gather my thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzker View Post
                              I just read all 27 pages, my brain hurts! But I learned alot and will have many questions once I gather my thoughts!
                              You sad sad soul lol I pity you for reading it all at once

Comment

Originally posted by ozzker View Post
                                im with oz on this one, 27 pages made my brain explode! there was alot of cross talk. (a little too much for my a.d.d.) it is good info though. it seems as if i need to take notes on this or just ask black or someone else who already did the swap to see what there thoughts are on the subject

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X