Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdiesel
    replied
    no new pics for today, but after much trial and error it seams no combination of fittings will allow me to make the connection from the manifold to the belt tensioner for the heater core . I could order an aussie tensioner, upper and lower heat pipes ( yea theirs are separate from the tensioner ) but none of the ebay junkyards have all the parts from one place so id have to pay 3 times shipping. so, Im just gonna plug the openings at the manifold and water pump and delete the heater core all together. I figure I live in Florida I don't need heat... especially on a car that im only gonna be driving for fun on weekends.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    I still have to figure out how to convince the wife why I need to spend more money on the car, lol

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Looks clean! How much longer until she's running?

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    A few more pics of the fitment now that the throttle adapter is done...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looks great.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Got the adapter plate for the throttle fabed up. Now that the fitment issue is solved I can get back on porting the intake... more updates to come
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Nice, looking good..

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    So I got the aussie elbow today. Itll work perfectly. Just gotta fab up a 1/4" thick flat adapter for the two bolt patterns, but it'll allow me to mount the throttle body without any modification to the cowl, manifold, or tb.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    I found this on ebay austrailia, it'll bolt right up to the manifold, turn the throttle forwards, im hoping it'll get it forwards enough to get the TB just past the front lip of the cowl. I have a cowl induction hood, so once its past that cowl lip hood clearance isn't an issue. if this works my woes are solved.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
    So I removed the stock manifold to fit the aussie one. As you can see from the pics the manifold fits in the car without any modification. The problem is the huge dbw f-body throttle body. In any position it hits the underside of the cowl and is about an inch too low for the throttle bore to line up with the plenum inlet. So doesn't look like I can avoid cutting the cowl.
    Nice! We had another member that ran into some similar troubles as well here: Camaro Holden Intake build

I believe he talked about lowering the motor a little bit with a spacer somewhere in that thread if I am not mistaken

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Well that sucks, but it does look pretty cool in there. How much of the cowl needs to go so you can fit the TB?

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    So I removed the stock manifold to fit the aussie one. As you can see from the pics the manifold fits in the car without any modification. The problem is the huge dbw f-body throttle body. In any position it hits the underside of the cowl and is about an inch too low for the throttle bore to line up with the plenum inlet. So doesn't look like I can avoid cutting the cowl.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    the install's gonna be a ways off. Im planning on pulling the engine and tranny for a full rebuild with flat top pistons, cam and intense heads. Getting the time for this between work and taking care of my kid is sketchy at best. As far as porting goes, im gonna gasket match the ports at the head surface. the runners and plenum im just going to mirror polish the inside. I want air velocity more than air flow for this build, so I don't want to open up the runners too much, just make then smooth as glass so theres no restriction in the air path.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Looks great! When are you planning to install it? And, how much are you able to safely port that lower out?

Leave a comment:

• alex553
    replied
    What are you looking to get out of that intake? Wot Tech did a comparison with the fbody intake and the Fbody intake came out on top as a Complete assembly. Holden Lower is better just need to put a FAST Lid with and adapter plate.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X