Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    GT2 is a good cam should put out some good numbers.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Im pretty settled on the GT2 cam. Installation's still a ways off though, gotta pull the rest of the motor apart , get the rest of the new parts I need , and then get it all back together. so lots of work still to be done. will post more pics as the build goes on.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Looks really good! How much longer until install?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looks great.You decide on your cam yet?
    Last edited by ssms5411; 12-29-2019, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Got the porting all done. Removed all the casting dags in the plenum and polished her to 320 grit. Did the same in the runners, and got the ports opened up to martch the gasket. Gained allot in the ports, almost 1/8" in height and about 3/32" in width at each port, not to mention they're all more even in shape than they were stock. Next I'll be tearing the motor apart.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah I’m deleting my heat also because when the turbo goes in along with the A/C.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post

I take it back then, $75 for shipping is crazy.lol
    Exactly, that's why I'm deleting the heater core. The aussie parts I'd need arent all that expensive, but the international shipping... itd be like 90 in parts and 225 in shipping . I got lucky with the manifold in that it was a complete unit and I only had to pay shipping once. The porting is going well, I'm going through sanding drums like they're free.... will post more pics when she's all done

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by mdiesel View Post

Yea, 30 bucks for the gaskets 75 for shipping...
    I take it back then, $75 for shipping is crazy.lol

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied

That’s not too bad then.
    Yea, 30 bucks for the gaskets 75 for shipping...

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by mdiesel View Post

The lower gasket is exactly the same as ours. It's the mid and upper gaskets that I'll have to get from Australia.
    That’s not too bad then.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Yeah they look like they can be ported quite a bit. Looks good. Where do you have to get lower intake gaskets from since it’s a Aussie setup? Just wondering.
    The lower gasket is exactly the same as ours. It's the mid and upper gaskets that I'll have to get from Australia.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah they look like they can be ported quite a bit. Looks good. Where do you have to get lower intake gaskets from since it’s a Aussie setup? Just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Started porting, you can see the stock ports need quite a bit of work. I got one port shaped, still gotta clean it up , but I opened it up pretty good, especially at the injector port.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20191223_145519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	1574591 so I started doing some more work with the project. I'm eliminating the pcv, the driver side of the manifold already has this fitting , so I drilled and tapped the other side right at the pcv port. I'll run some hose from these fittings to a vented catch can on the fender wall. I also tapped and plugged the pcv hole in the plenum.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mdiesel; 12-23-2019, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah, no need for heat, I won’t have heat or A/C when the turbo goes on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X