Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssms5411
    replied
    Then you don’t have to worry about custom pushrods and such,what size head gaskets you going with? I’ve milled mine .015 and stock head gaskets and Comp .105 pushrods stock 7.05 length . Been doing great so far.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah .020 is kinda a lot since you can do about .035 max, mine were done .010 then another.005 after the valves were in. I’d do maybe .010.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    I was thinking .020
    I might have them mill the guides by .035 too. I bought the manley retainers from intense, so technically I don't need to mill the guides, but I figure might as well while they're in the shop. just incase I ever decide to go with another set up in the future

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Nice, how much you gonna have them milled?

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Finished porting the heads today. Polished the exhaust to 350 grit. The intake and combustion chambers to 80 grit. Next is to send em to the shop for a 4 angle valve job and resurfacing.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Finished porting the heads today. Polished the exhaust to 350 grit. The intake and combustion chambers to 80 grit. Next is to send em to the shop for a 4 angle valve job and resurfacing.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    That is a nice difference- looks like you removed quite a bit of material!

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Nice.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Started porting the exhaust side, huge difference from stock...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    I had the larger valves N/A and they worked quite well. Like Steve said though, I had a pretty big cam. 13.4 run was out of injector and lean on the pass lol

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Nice, I dont know if I'll ever have time to get it to the track after the build, or for that matter if ill be able to convince the wife on track safety.. . Lol. But I'll be happy with it just being a ballsy street car that can take an 8 at a light.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    LETZRIDE, Mike had the same valves in his but his cam was huge. Got 13.4 in the 1/4 mile.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    Yeah probably true, I went with the Manely servere duty from Intense Racing 1.9/1.57 supposed to be great for turbos.
    Yea, if you're turbo, or even supercharged, boost takes care of air velocity for you , so you wanna open it up with big valves and increased flow. With n/a , like my set up, if I increased air flow with big valves and still relied on the engines natural ability to suck in air, I'd probly loose power cause my motor wouldn't be able to fill the cylinders fast enough. That's why in my porting both the intakes and the heads I'm not enlarging the ports any more than the gasket openings. I'm mostly concentrating on removing resistance in the runners to increase air velocity.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah probably true, I went with the Manely servere duty from Intense Racing 1.9/1.57 supposed to be great for turbos.

Leave a comment:

• mdiesel
    replied
    I'm gonna stick with the stock size valves. I read an article from abbot racing heads before they closed shop that even though heads with oversize valves flow better on a flow bench, the stock size vales actually perform better in an n/a application. Air velocity beats air flow when your not fi.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X