Clear All

Re: Lighter Camaro??

Definitely.

lmao

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      Even with convertible safety equiptment in place...over here you can't even have your windows cracked open, and you certainly can't run with your top down.

And it might effect it at 90mph, but how much? more so than the weight that was taken off? I think both (lack of weight/aerodynamics caused by removal) would be so negligable they would offset themselves.

Although I remember someone who was really big on bicycles telling me that the nipples on the tires can add somethign rediculous like a 30% drag to a bike...
      Here in UHMURHIKA, NHRA says you can run with the top down, but you need arm tethers, roll cage, all that fun stuff. So it's not outside the realm of reason. A local guy has a really fast jeep wrangler with no top or doors, but a complete cage.

Also, it would be sufficient drag to slow you down. I used to have a 2mph trap difference from having the pop up lights up on my bird.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Interesting discussion. I would have thought the drag wouldn't amount to much vs the weight, but yeah, they really aren't all THAT heavy, are they. Leave 'em in, then.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

wow what a great thread lol! so who one the race lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
            Also, it would be sufficient drag to slow you down. I used to have a 2mph trap difference from having the pop up lights up on my bird.
            That's it.. I'm waxing my car before I go to the track again. Are you sure it was the lights?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I can definitely see the lights causing some drag. I've noticed, when the windows are down, that you can really feel a difference in the airflow when the lights are up vs down. Much more turbulence. If I am on the highway and it's getting dark, I put the foglights on as long as possible to save fuel. Especially at $4/gal.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                That's it.. I'm waxing my car before I go to the track again. Are you sure it was the lights?
                Yeah, you're basically opening 2 parachutes on the front end of your car.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I have seen convertible cars at the track already. Like was said above, they need all kinds of safety equipment. As far as the parachute thing you dont have it as bad as I do. 93 to 97 Camaro headlights leave a lot to be desired. I thought about putting those headlight covers on, but never got around to it.

Comment

eh - honestly man, this race is a lost cause, without a major power adder such as F.I. or Nitrous, or maybe heads / cam - you're way outclassed and its honestly better to just accept this than ruin your car trying to make up for the gap with barely any time. The V6 is a good car don't get me wrong, but it does have its limits until F.I. is applied.
                    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Need4Camaro, clean up your PM box so I can reply lol. Sorry for butting in off topic :wavey:
                      3M MAFIA
                      ________
                      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
                        Need4Camaro, clean up your PM box so I can reply lol. Sorry for butting in off topic :wavey:
                        Done! Sorry bout that
                        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X